One of last week’s travel tips focused on a Swiss man who flew a drone into a Times Square window and was arrested for it. If you want to fly a drone somewhere, you need to know the environment, including what’s above you, and that’s exactly what the free AirMap for Drones app (for iOS and Android) is for.
AirMap (which also has a website) was brought to my attention by a reader named Christian T., who put together a list of things to keep in mind if you’re traveling with or just flying a drone. As Christian said in that post, “AirMap is a great tool to make sure you’re not within any airports or other things that would prevent you from legally flying.” The app features environmental information to help you fly a drone in every country in the world, with global airspace rules, advisories, weather, and more. The map is adjustable both pre-flight and while you’re flying, and you can even use the included tools to draw your flight path to get feedback on the rules pertaining to your flight.
Have you used AirMap or a similar tool? How do you like them? Share your drone tips below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.