For the 13th consecutive year, Allianz Global Assistance‘s ScholarTrips scholarship contest is on. The rules are nearly the same as they were in last year’s contest—and the winnings are better. In 2017, students over the age of 14 are invited to enter to win one of six $2,500 study abroad scholarships, ten second-place $1,000 scholarships or 25 third-place $500 scholarships. Here’s what you—or your child, nephew/friend, etc.—need to know:
How to enter:
Students must submit a 500-word essay or a 60-to-90-second video (WMV, MOV or MP4) responding to the following prompt: Who your ideal travel companion is (can be living or dead), where you would go, and why.
Essays and videos can be submitted on this page.
The contest will run from October 6 through November 6, 2017. Winners will be announced—and winning entries will be posted—on or around December 20.
…on the contest page. And in the video below:
“We believe in supporting student programs that promote travel, cultural understanding and personal growth,” said Joe Mason, Chief Marketing Officer of the Americas Region at Allianz Worldwide Partners. “ScholarTrips can help students enrich their lives through these experiences and make travel dreams a reality.”
One final note: To spread the word of this year’s contest, Allianz is once again empowering travel agents with the tools to promote it. Those tools—plus more info—are here.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.