For the 13th consecutive year, Allianz Global Assistance‘s ScholarTrips scholarship contest is on. The rules are nearly the same as they were in last year’s contest—and the winnings are better. In 2017, students over the age of 14 are invited to enter to win one of six $2,500 study abroad scholarships, ten second-place $1,000 scholarships or 25 third-place $500 scholarships. Here’s what you—or your child, nephew/friend, etc.—need to know:
How to enter:
Students must submit a 500-word essay or a 60-to-90-second video (WMV, MOV or MP4) responding to the following prompt: Who your ideal travel companion is (can be living or dead), where you would go, and why.
Essays and videos can be submitted on this page.
The contest will run from October 6 through November 6, 2017. Winners will be announced—and winning entries will be posted—on or around December 20.
…on the contest page. And in the video below:
“We believe in supporting student programs that promote travel, cultural understanding and personal growth,” said Joe Mason, Chief Marketing Officer of the Americas Region at Allianz Worldwide Partners. “ScholarTrips can help students enrich their lives through these experiences and make travel dreams a reality.”
One final note: To spread the word of this year’s contest, Allianz is once again empowering travel agents with the tools to promote it. Those tools—plus more info—are here.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.