Travel insurance provider Allianz Global Assistance just released a survey of Americans on the subject of visiting Cuba. The survey shares that 42% of Americans are interested in traveling to Cuba now that the US government is easing travel restrictions and relations are improving with the country, but 70% are unlikely to do so.
Those that aren’t likely to visit cited safety concerns (44%) and fear of the communist government (15%). A smaller percentage of Americans cited a lack of information on Cuba’s travel experiences (18%), travel infrastructure (12%), internet/mobile connectivity (7%) and appropriate healthcare facilities (6%).
The survey also reveals the unique aspects of traveling to Cuba that make Americans most interested/likely to visit. Namely: resorts and beaches (33%), cultural attractions (24%), the Cuban people (12%), Cuban food and Cuban rum (11%), classic 1950s American cars (9%), and Cuban cigars (5%).
With safety such a big concern, 14% of Americans said the peace of mind of having travel insurance would make them more interested in traveling to Cuba. And if they do go, Allianz Global suggests that the right travel insurance policy can provide coverage for unforeseen events like trip cancelations and delays, lost, stolen or delayed luggage, and medical emergencies.
“Whether it’s a medical issue or a travel delay,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance USA, “a travel insurance policy from Allianz Global Assistance can provide peace of mind, especially for travel outside the U.S., where many hospitals may request cash payments in the thousands before treatment even begins.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.