Remember this MasterCard commercial? On the need to take a vacation with cute little kids?
Well, many Americans haven’t quite yet gotten the message. In fact, more than 170 million Americans haven’t taken a vacation in the last year, according to Allianz Travel Insurance Vacation Confidence Index. While half of Americans (170 million is 53%) just couldn’t let go of their work for vacation over the course of a year, this number is actually down by a few points from last year’s tally, in which 56% reported not taking a vacation in the year prior.
“We’ve only seen the slightest increase in Americans taking a vacation this year,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance. “Our findings show that Americans continue to be plagued by an alarming Vacation Deficit.”
When you do decide to hit the road to use up those vacation days, don’t forget to equip yourself with travel insurance.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.