Hurricane Irma may be in the rearview, but there is significant damage in its wake. In taking stock of the recent wave of storms’s impact, our friends at Allianz Global Assistance have released some numbers: 7,000 claims and 1,200+ calls to its customer service center (as of September 15) from customers seeking help after Irma. An additional 2,800 claims were reported concerning the effects of Hurricane Harvey, while Allianz saw just a handful of claims related to Hurricane Jose.
Thousands of people are still in need of help. In an effort to assist its customers, Allianz has set up a hurricane alert page—with coverage information, emergency assistance options, ways to file a claim, and more—here.
“Hurricane Irma has caused thousands of our customers to cancel their trips to Florida,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance USA. “To assist them, we’ve set up a page on our website with important information on how travel insurance can help. Many customers who don’t need assistance are opting to file their travel insurance claim directly from our website, which can be accessed from any device, including from smartphones using our TravelSmart mobile app. For those customers who no longer have access to reliable mail delivery, they should select the debit card payment option when they file a claim. That allows us to send their payment directly to their debit card shortly after their claim is approved.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.