Hurricane Irma may be in the rearview, but there is significant damage in its wake. In taking stock of the recent wave of storms’s impact, our friends at Allianz Global Assistance have released some numbers: 7,000 claims and 1,200+ calls to its customer service center (as of September 15) from customers seeking help after Irma. An additional 2,800 claims were reported concerning the effects of Hurricane Harvey, while Allianz saw just a handful of claims related to Hurricane Jose.
Thousands of people are still in need of help. In an effort to assist its customers, Allianz has set up a hurricane alert page—with coverage information, emergency assistance options, ways to file a claim, and more—here.
“Hurricane Irma has caused thousands of our customers to cancel their trips to Florida,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance USA. “To assist them, we’ve set up a page on our website with important information on how travel insurance can help. Many customers who don’t need assistance are opting to file their travel insurance claim directly from our website, which can be accessed from any device, including from smartphones using our TravelSmart mobile app. For those customers who no longer have access to reliable mail delivery, they should select the debit card payment option when they file a claim. That allows us to send their payment directly to their debit card shortly after their claim is approved.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.