I’ve written about Amazon’s Alexa devices many times before (here are eight ways Amazon Echo can help travelers and how to take Alexa along with you when you travel). We enjoy having a handy virtual assistant at our house and Alexa is basically like one of the family now! (If you don’t believe me, check out Natalie’s post about what happened when we left Alexa at home alone.)
It seems like every few months, there’s a new Amazon product to help make us all even lazier than we already are (I mean, to help make life easier). The latest addition to our home lineup is the Fire TV Cube, an Alexa-enabled, hands-free streaming media player, which is just a fancy way of saying that this handy little device operates the TV by voice. It’s pretty cool and very handy. I love that I don’t have to look for the TV remote constantly (my son loves to hide it) and I can just say, “Alexa, turn on the TV” and boom…done!
As you’d expect from a streaming device, you can get Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, HBO, YouTube, Disney+, etc. But what I love even more is the access it gives me to all kinds of international channels. They offer Futbol Espanol, Giniko Persian TV, i24 from Tel Aviv, Euronews, Deutsche Welle, and NHK from Japan. I love tuning in to SkyNews and immediately feeling like I’m in England. So, when you’re not traveling, you can still get that international feeling right at home. Just turn on a foreign news channel and you’ll feel transported miles away!
Check it out on Amazon, where it retails for $119.99.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.