My memory might be slipping so correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the first time I can recall two airlines celebrating their birthdays within a week of each other with fare sales. First, Southwest announced on Monday that they were celebrating their 50th birthday with $50 fares and you have until May 3rd to buy. A few days later, American Airlines followed suit (what else is new?) with fares under $95 for their 95th birthday. Many of AA’s fares should have been billed as roundtrip for under $95 but keep in mind, they charge for checked bags while Southwest doesn’t. Below are the details with sample fares:
Southwest is celebrating their 50th birthday this week with $50 fares:
Southwest Airlines has “big 50th birthday with itty bitty sale fares.” 21-day advance purchase required. Purchase through May 3, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
Seats, days, and markets are limited. Blackout dates and 21-day advance purchase requirements apply. See a full list of fares, fare rules, and terms and conditions below and at Southwest.com. Examples of one-way low fares include:
- As low as $50 one-way nonstop between Houston (Bush) and New Orleans,
- As low as $50 one-way nonstop between Santa Barbara, Calif. and Las Vegas,
- As low as $50 one-way nonstop between Long Beach, Calif. and San Jose, Calif.,
- As low as $67 one-way nonstop between St. Louis and Nashville, and
- As low as $94 one-way nonstop between Chicago (Midway) and Charlotte.
These $50 fares throughout the carrier’s published flight schedule are now open through Nov. 5, 2021 and can be purchased here at Southwest.com.
American Airlines just came out with fares under $95 for their 95th birthday:
Restrictions and exclusions apply. Limited availability. Limited time offer. Select markets and dates. Booking Period: April 15, 2021. Travel Dates: Varies. This offer cannot be applied retroactively or to existing reservations. Taxes and fees included. Promotions, fares and schedules subject to change. See full terms & conditions here for additional details.
Dallas (DFW) to Las Vegas (LAS) on 5/09/21 for $40
Miami (MIA) to New York (NYC) on 5/11/21 for $40
Los Angeles (LAX) to Dallas (DFW) on 5/08/21 for $45
Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX) on 5/13/21 for $59
Chicago (ORD) to Los Angeles (LAX) on 05/22/21 for $75
KEEP READING: Is American Airlines Out of Their Minds?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.