Yesterday, American Airlines announced that it will begin offering a premium economy on its international wide-body fleet. With this news, American becomes the first US airline to offer this cabin class internationally. The company says the new class will be available in late 2016 and will offer a new class of service directly behind business class.
American’s international premium economy will offer:
- More legroom
- Wider seats, leather seat featuring 38 inches of pitch
- Personal on-demand entertainment (larger touchscreen monitors with access to movies, TV shows, music and games)
- Noise reducing headphones
- Priority check-in and boarding
- Checked baggage allowance (two bags free of charge)
- Amenity kits
- Enhanced meal service
- Complimentary wine, beer and spirits
Customers will be able to find the new seating on the following new airplanes:
- American’s Boeing 787-9 (late 2016)
- American’s Airbus A350s (2017)
Over the next three years American will retrofit the following existing airplanes:
- Boeing 777-300ERs
- Boeing 777-200ERs
- Boeing 787-8s
- Airbus A330s
American’s Boeing 767-300s will not be retrofitted as they are scheduled for retirement the upcoming years.
What do you think about American Airlines new international premium economy? Will other US airlines follow suit next?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.