This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
One of the best airport lounge networks is getting a little bigger this month. Centurion Lounges will launch in Philadelphia and Hong Kong and open to select American Express customers. If you pass through Philly or Hong Kong, you now have two options to relax before boarding your next flight.
Centurion Lounge at Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Centurion Lounge is the first international lounge of The Centurion Network. Previously, all Centurion Lounges have only been located in the United States. This lounge opens on October 2, 2017.
What to Expect from the Hong Kong Lounge
The Centurion Lounge is located in Terminal 1 at Hong Kong International (HKG). To access it, you just need to hop on the escalator immediately before Gate 61.
The lounge is open from 5:30 am to 12:30 am each day.
Once inside the lounge, you will come to expect many of the standard Centurion benefits including:
- Locally inspired cuisine
- Premium bar
- Shower Suite
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Dedicated work area
You will be able to relax in style and enjoy scenic views from the open lighting, plenty of seating, and a semi-private work area if you need to make some headway on that project before takeoff.
Centurion Lounge at Philadelphia
The Philadelphia location will open in late October at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and will be the 8th Centurion Lounge located in the United States. It will be located in Terminal A West and will be 6,300 square feet. Visitors will enter on the concourse level and be taken to the second level to enjoy all of The Centurion amenities.
Some of the unique amenities for the Philadelphia Centurion lounge include:
- Israeli-inspired cuisine created by the local, four-time James Beard award winner Chef Michael Solomonov
- Floor-to-Ceiling windows offering interior and exterior views
- Complimentary full bar with custom-mixed cocktails
- Private phone areas
- Dedicated workspaces
- Private phone areas
Some of the food items you can sample include challah French toast with tehina and blackberries or Bulgarian kebabs with red pepper and white bean salad.
What is The Centurion Lounge Network?
Including the two Centurion lounges, The Centurion Network will now have nine locations worldwide. The other seven locations are sprinkled across the major airports in the continental U.S. While The Centurion Network is relatively small, they are a favorite go-to for lounge enthusiasts. In addition to adding locations, American Express has also recently expanded its Dallas-Ft. Worth Centurion Lounge location.
The Centurion Network is the premier airport lounge network of the American Express Global Lounge Collection. In all, the Global Lounge Collection lets Amex cardmembers access over 1,000 airport lounge locations in the world that belong to the following networks:
- Centurion Network
- International American Express
- Delta SkyClub
- Priority Pass Select
The primary Amex cardholder and two travel companions can access any Centurion Lounge for free. Each additional visitor costs $50 per person per visit.
If you get to the airport early or have a long layover, you can visit your airport’s Centurion Lounge and have full access to all of the lounge amenities.
How to Access the Centurion Network
How do you get in on the action to enjoy the posh Centurion Network?
You need to be a The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholder. It doesn’t matter if you own the personal, business, or corporate Amex Platinum, they will all give you access to the Global Lounge Collection which includes all of the Centurion Lounges. Learn more in our The Platinum Card from American Express review.
Summary on the Amex Centurion Lounges
The opening of two Centurion lounges in the same month is exciting news for frequent flyers and Centurion Lounge aficionados. There are now two more excellent lounges, including the first one in Asia. Now, the next step is to visit them the next time you pass through Philadelphia or Hong Kong.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.