Each Friday, we feature a reader-inspired tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s reader tip is a collection of three tips from three different readers, who built on yesterday’s tip about how to keep your glasses from fogging up.
1 First, from Tony: “Yes. That should definitely work. The other option used by scuba divers the world over is to put a small amount of saliva on inside lens of glasses, rub around for a moment and then lightly rinse off in clear (or ocean water). Shake off rinse water. They will dry in a moment. All scuba divers are taught this—you don’t want to be in 30-60’ of water and not able to see out your mask.”
2 Next, from Carolyn: “Another trick scuba divers use is to squirt baby shampoo on the inner lens of your dive mask, rub on and lightly rinse off with clear or ocean water. Then shake dry. Most dive boats offer this to their divers. Works great!”
3 And finally, from an anonymous reader: “Regular ole shaving cream works great too. Just rinse well.”
Thanks, all! I’ve used Tony’s technique many times while snorkeling and I can attest that it works.
More face mask help
- The Face Mask Travelers Already Have at Home
- The Happy Face Mask Hack
- Most Major U.S. Airlines Now Require Passengers to Wear Face Masks
More help for people with glasses (or sunglasses)
- The Backup Reading Glasses You’ll Never Forget to Pack
- The Glasses Repair Kit That Can Save Your Vacation
- Reader Travel Tip of the Day: Bring a Second Pair of Glasses
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.