Every Friday I co-host the popular #TravelSkills Twitter chat with Chris McGinnis. I love participating for a number of reasons, among them the fact that I always pick up new tip, tricks, websites, and apps each week.
That’s exactly what happened last week when Heather Poole, a flight attendant for a major airline, answered this question: “Best tips for dealing with flight cancellations and weather delays?” Heather’s answer was: “Tips for dealing with travel cancellations or delays: download the FAAWait app to get up to date information regarding FAA airport delays. You’ll know more than the agent or crew.”
Of course, I immediately downloaded FAAWait for $0.99 (it looks like it’s only available for iOS) because I love being in the know. What FAAWait does is provide real-time access to current air traffic delays at all U.S. airports. It utilizes a data feed maintained by the FAA that tracks departure and arrival delays, ground stops and ground delays. To access this information, an active internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular) is required.
Important note: FAAwait does not provide status information for specific flights. But by monitoring airport traffic conditions, you can often anticipate delays that may impact your travel, sometimes before the airlines themselves officially update their schedules.
Another important note: This app is not provided or endorsed by the FAA.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.