When I was a kid, someone told me that if I dug a huge hole I would end up in China. Well, according to the Antipodes Map, that person was wrong.
To find out what’s actually on the other side of the Earth relative to where you’re standing—or anywhere at all—look no further than the Antipodes Map (which is appropriately named, because the meaning of the word “antipode” according to Oxford Dictionaries is “the direct opposite of something.”). To use it, you simply type your country, city, address, zip code, or geographical coordinates into the search box, press the “Find” button, and watch the Antipodes Map “man” dig a tunnel from the selected location on the “Left Map” right through the center of the Earth to the other side of the world—represented on the Right Map. Both maps can be moved and zoomed in and out of. Below each map, you can view the selected location address and geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude).
I’m glad I never finished digging that hole growing up because I would’ve ended up in the Indian Ocean!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.