The 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing is on Saturday! For that reason, I thought it would be a great time to feature two great, new books on the mission:
“Shoot for the Moon: The Space Race and the Extraordinary Voyage of Apollo 11” by James Donovan ($19.49 on Amazon)
In “Shoot for the Moon: The Space Race and the Extraordinary Voyage of Apollo 11,” James Donovan recounts the Apollo 11 mission in incredible detail. As seen on Amazon, Apollo 11’s own astronaut Michael Collins had this to say on the book:
“This is the best book on Apollo that I have read. Extensively researched and meticulously accurate, it successfully traces not only the technical highlights of the program but also the contributions of the extraordinary people who made it possible.”
“Apollo to the Moon: A History in 50 Objects” by Teasel E. Muir-Harmony ($23.79 on Amazon)
Teasel E. Muir-Harmony’s “Apollo to the Moon: A History in 50 Objects” celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission in a unique and visually interesting way. Specifically, it builds a story around 50 key artifacts from the Smithsonian archives to tell the story. From Amazon:
“This book showcases the historic space exploration program that landed humans on the moon, advanced the world’s capabilities for space travel, and revolutionized our sense of humanity’s place in the universe. Each historic accomplishment is symbolized by a different object, from a Russian stamp honoring Yuri Gagarin and plastic astronaut action figures to the Apollo 11 command module, piloted by Michael Collins as Armstrong and Aldrin made the first moonwalk, together with the monumental art inspired by these moon missions. Throughout, Apollo to the Moon also tells the story of people who made the journey possible: the heroic astronauts as well as their supporters, including President John F. Kennedy, newsman Walter Cronkite, and NASA scientists such as Margaret Hamilton.”
Like this feature? Check out past Travel Book of the Week posts!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.