I wrote about AirlineCheckins.com when the site first launched. Well, this week the team is releasing an iOS and Android app! Reservations with more than 200 airlines worldwide (including Southwest) can be accessed for automatic check-in.
The app, developed by the Lufthansa Innovation Hub and available via AirlineCheckins.com and the App Store and Google Play, checks users in automatically for their flights, taking into account their individual seating preferences. The service is compatible with every airline that offers online check-in. Once you sign up for the service, you’ll never have to worry about checking in again. With the new app, airline passengers can monitor the check-in status and manage their flights at all times. Personal information—like seating preferences, frequent flyer programs and travel partners—can all be updated in the app. The app also has an alert feature that automatically notifies you of the current flight status and gate changes. As the app continues to evolve, users will be able to have access to airport lounges and obtain free Wi-Fi access onboard.
I still prefer to check in for my flights myself, but I like using the service when I fly Southwest Airlines, with which you need to check in as soon as check-in is available (24 hours before your flight) to get a good boarding position.
One of our readers (thanks, Bernard) recently sent me an email in which he states how much he loves AirlineCheckins.com: “I wanted to let you know that, despite the fact that several of the flights were changed by the airlines, the service worked perfectly. I had uploaded 7 flights to the site and received correct boarding passes in very good time from all but one. That one, Norwegian Air, had closed down on-line checkin for some reason so I don’t blame AirlineCheckins at all. I will use and will recommend the service in future. Thank you for telling your followers about it!”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.