AsYouStay is a new app that lets travelers specify the exact check-in and check-out times they desire without the requirement of an overnight stay. It’s for last-minute or very-near-future booking (nothing more than five days in advance)—like, say, if you have a long layover and don’t want to aimlessly roam around a city or pay top dollar for a hotel that you’ll only use for a few hours. Travelers can book a room for one hour up to 129 hours.
There’s no more having to wait until 3pm to check in or checking out at noon. You decide, and they make it easy to book—as in two-clicks easy. That’s all it takes to locate a nearby hotel (or one halfway around the world) using your mobile device and then book a room.
AsYouStay started out in just a few cities but has expanded rapidly. You can see their service map on the bottom of this page. They’re currently available in North America (USA, Canada, Mexico), Brazil, Chile, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and a few countries in Asia. Hotels range from boutique properties to chains like Carlson, Choice, Hilton, IHG, and Marriott.
After downloading the app and putting in a friend’s promo code (you can use promo code JOHND2805 for $25 off your first reservation), I typed in that I needed a hotel for two people, tomorrow in New York City from 8am to 4pm. It gave me a bunch of great options including the Park Lane for $169. The hotel’s website and online travel agencies were selling their rooms for a standard stay beginning at $329 a night. There were cheaper hotels ($84) as well but in New York City, having a place to call home on a long layover is a great option.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.