Living with a food allergy, even a minor one, can be difficult. Traveling with a food allergy can feel nearly impossible. Luckily, there are a number of apps available that can make eating out, buying new foods, and even communicating in another language both easy and safe.
A great one to download is Allergy Food Translator (FT). Whether you’re traveling stateside or overseas, you’ll need to ensure that you eat foods that are safe with your allergy. That’s where the Allergy Food Translator app comes into play. It makes safe food choices easy, even when communication with restaurant staff might be difficult. While the big eight allergies—milk, peanuts, wheat (gluten), eggs, tree nuts, fish, soy, and shellfish—are the most common, there are actually as many as 86 possible food allergies. The Allergy FT app takes all of them into account.
You create a profile for each member of your family that includes any foods that they need to avoid. Then, the app will translate your allergies into French, German or Spanish. This makes it easy to communicate to others that you need to avoid certain food. (More languages are in the works, too.) And if you’re worried about using the service while traveling, don’t be. Allergy FT’s translations are built into the app, so you don’t need to access the internet to use it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.