Most people know that today is Earth Day, but did you know that this week—April 19-27, 2014—is National Park Week?
Well it is, and that means seven more days (it’s more than a week, for some reason) worth of excuses to celebrate the spectacular and one-of-of-a-kind natural beauty packaged as America’s 58 U.S. National Parks. There’s the timeless grandeur of Yosemite and the Grand Canyon, the glowing red peaks of Hawaii Volcanoes, the craggy, movie-backdrop-like majesty of Grand Teton (pictured above)—the list just goes on and on.
Certainly the greatest part of National Park Week is/was the free park entrance granted over the first weekend (April 19-20), but there’s at least a little more to this thing if you’re interested. Here’s what you need to know, and if it doesn’t happen this week, I’m pretty sure the point is to just remember how special these places are—and to go, when you can, to see them for yourself.
- National Park Week Event Calendar
- Volunteer for Earth Day in a U.S. National Park
- National Park Week website
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.