This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Before my husband and I had children, we were extremely light packers. We traveled so frequently that we could both throw a carry-on suitcase together in record time and always have everything we needed. I once did a four-week trip that took me from Toronto to Los Angeles to Hawaii to Australia and back to Los Angeles for a wedding (I had to pack a fancy dress and high heels!) all in a carry-on bag. That was probably my first real packing test and it was the start of my carry-on only days.
Fast forward to today and now we travel with two little ones in tow. Those carry-on only days are long gone and now, we’re like every other family, juggling kids and strollers and car seats and luggage, tote bags and backpacks filled with diapers and bottles, books and toys … it’s a bit of a circus.
Thank goodness for Babyquip! When I discovered this incredible service, everything changed. It’s a rental service for baby gear and … it’s brilliant. Instead of carting all of the aforementioned stuff with you on your travels, you can simply rent it and have everything waiting for you at your destination. It’s a game-changer for families and is an incredible way to travel.
Here’s how it works:
Enter your destination city or zip code to search for a provider in that area.
Select a Quality Provider. This is the person who will deliver gear to your location.
Choose the baby gear you would like to rent. Pick individual items or complete packages.
Confirm your dates & location and pay online. A provider will contact you to arrange delivery.
You can rent all kinds of baby gear and the prices are very reasonable. Here’s a peek at their product rental categories:
The first time we used Babyquip, I was able to travel with a new baby and just a carry-on suitcase! When we arrived at our hotel in Seattle, everything we had ordered was waiting for us at the front desk. Not just the rental items (stroller, high chair, books and toys) but also baby food, which our Babyquip provider had bought and added to our order. Last month, when we traveled for the first time as a family of four, we had a last-minute thought that we should have gotten a Doona for our trip (Doona is the incredible stroller that converts into a car seat, making it a must-have for traveling with kids). We had one with our son Jack but gave it away after he outgrew it, not expecting to ever need it again. It was much too late to order one for our daughter (we were flying the next day), but we remembered Babyquip and sure enough, we were able to rent one from a local provider who dropped off a practically brand new one with all of its accessories at our front door the very next morning. It was a lifesaver!
Whether you forgot something before you travel like we did or whether you want to have everything you need waiting for you at your destination, Babyquip is the answer. Traveling with little kids can be so stressful but when you can travel lighter, it’s just so much easier. It’s also great for grandparents who need a few things when their grandkids come to visit and don’t want to outright purchase things they only need temporarily. I even plan to rent things when we take daytrips with the kids. For instance, there’s a great wagon I’ve got my eye on, for when we take the kids to the zoo or on other daylong excursions. But instead of spending hundreds of dollars on it, I can rent one for $10 a day. Seems like a no-brainer to me!
So, if you’re traveling with kids, if you just need to rent something for the day, or if you’ve got kids coming to visit, check out Babyquip to rent only what you need, only when you need it.
KEEP READING: Travel Tip: Why You Should Always Pack An Extra Bag
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.