2014 has not been kind to travelers. On-time departures, flights and even entire airports have been frozen like the rest of us in the insane, polar vortex-level cold that’s gripped most of North America thus far. And it’s not over yet.
With forecasts suggesting more of the same may be on the way next week, Booking.com (which I’ve covered before) has offered up at least a little peace of mind to carry with you to the airport—or at least to the airports of five cities. Below are the five highest-scoring airport hotels, by customer review, just in case things don’t go as planned:
1. Sofitel London Heathrow, London — 9.0/10
- Direct access to Heathrow’s Terminal 5 via covered walkway
- Luxurious health spa
- 24-hour gym
- Bars and restaurants
- Direct train services to central London
2. Kempinski Hotel Airport München, Munich — 9.0/10
- Located between Terminals 1 and 2 of Munich Airport
- Large, soundproof windows
- 24-hour gym
- American buffet
- Fine cuisine at Restaurant Charles Lindbergh
3. Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Chicago — 8.9/10
- Minutes from Chicago O’Hare International
- Airport shuttle
- Easy access to downtown Chicago an entertainment and restaurants
- Incredible interior architecture
- Full-service business center
- 24-hour gym
4. Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel, Bangkok — 8.3/10
- 24-hour airport shuttle leaving every 15 minutes
- Beautiful outdoor pool
- Massages available
- Fitness center
- Thai food at Sala Thai, international dishes at The Square, as well as Cantonese and Japanese options
- Up to 2 children (15 or under) stay free with parents
5. Westin DFW Airport Hotel, Dallas — 8.5/10
- Airport shuttle service
- Outdoor rooftop pool
- Fitness room
- Business center
- Authentic southwestern cuisine at The BlueFire Grille
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.