The Philadelphia Airport and Marketplace PHL just announced something pretty fantastic for all cheesesteak lovers: Geno’s Steaks has officially opened its doors at the airport in the food court between Terminals B and C. Now, travelers can taste authentic Philly when they land and before they even leave the airport (and do it all over again before heading to the plane).
Passengers can expect the traditional Geno’s Steaks options at this PHL location. Fliers can order the airport menu of cheesesteaks, roast pork sandwiches, cheese fries and a breakfast menu. This location will be open from 5am to 11pm.
Geno’s Steaks has been an iconic city favorite serving original Philadelphia cheesesteaks since its beginning in 1966. Geno’s is run by Geno Vento, Erin Zwiercan and Ken Adams.
Geno’s Steaks original and most famous location at the intersection of 9th Street and Passyunk Avenue in South Philly is the center of Philadelphia cheesesteak, while friendly rival Pat’s is located across the street. During my first introduction to the city, my friends and I had our own cheesesteak competition for best tasting cheesesteak. We tasted Geno’s and Pat’s both in one sitting. YUM! Geno’s won for me because I preferred the bread they used and the Cheez Whiz was consistently spread throughout the whole sandwich. Yes, it’s the little things that make a difference. They were both awesome, authentic Philly cheesesteaks, that’s for sure.
Don’t forget the proper terminology for ordering a cheesesteak, so you don’t hold up the lines at the new location! Be sure to order using only three words: “one whiz with” which means “I’d like to order a cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz and with fried onions.” Also, Cheez Whiz is really the only cheese you need to have.
This kind of news makes me want to show up extra early for my flight out of PHL next week. Yay for Geno’s Steaks at the airport!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.