I’m in Japan this week, so I thought I’d feature a fantastic Japanese website that’s been around since 1994 and that every traveler should bookmark. Bento.com is an award-winning restaurant guide and the only bilingual source for unbiased, expert advice on where to eat and drink in Tokyo and throughout Japan.
The reviews and listings are compiled by an experienced team of food critics who review restaurants anonymously and impartially, seeking out each city’s best dining experiences. There is never a charge to restaurants for listings, reviews or news items, and they don’t accept advertising.
The “Eating and Drinking in Tokyo” listings include over 2,000 carefully selected restaurants, izakaya and bars in Tokyo and Yokohama, and the “Kansai” section includes around 500 restaurants in Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, and Nara. Other sections of the site include extensive recipes, articles on Japanese cuisine and travel-related insights.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.