I’m in Japan this week, so I thought I’d feature a fantastic Japanese website that’s been around since 1994 and that every traveler should bookmark. Bento.com is an award-winning restaurant guide and the only bilingual source for unbiased, expert advice on where to eat and drink in Tokyo and throughout Japan.
The reviews and listings are compiled by an experienced team of food critics who review restaurants anonymously and impartially, seeking out each city’s best dining experiences. There is never a charge to restaurants for listings, reviews or news items, and they don’t accept advertising.
The “Eating and Drinking in Tokyo” listings include over 2,000 carefully selected restaurants, izakaya and bars in Tokyo and Yokohama, and the “Kansai” section includes around 500 restaurants in Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, and Nara. Other sections of the site include extensive recipes, articles on Japanese cuisine and travel-related insights.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.