This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Going into public with small children can be daunting as you travel at a slower pace. Even when you have a tiny newborn, carrying a child is impractical when you need two free hands. Having one of the best strollers optimizes your mobility while your child travels in style.
The Best Baby Strollers for Traveling, Errands, and More 2020
Here are our picks for the best baby strollers this year. Use this table to jump to a specific model.
- Doona Infant Car Seat (Best Overall Stroller)
- Baby Jogger City Mini 2 (Best Full-Size Stroller)
- Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller (Best Jogging Stroller)
- Besrey Airplane Stroller (Best Stroller for Flying)
- Jeep North Star Stroller (Best Lightweight Stroller)
- Kolcraft Cloud (Best Budget Stroller)
- BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 (Best Double Stroller)
Doona Infant Car Seat (Best Overall Stroller)
The Doona Infant Car Seat doubles as a stroller and car seat that can be a top alternative to infant carrier seats. This car seat holds infants weighing between 4 and 35 pounds and includes a latch base to secure the seat while driving.
When you arrive at your destination, you expand the car seat into a stroller so you don’t have to lug a bulky infant carrier as you walk. The total weight for this travel system is 16.5 pounds which is heavier than many strollers. However, you conserve valuable cargo space to store a stroller and don’t have to take your baby out of their car seat.
Doona also provides a vehicle seat protector that shields your seat from the mud and rain on those inevitable bad weather days.
Two downsides to this stroller and car seat combo are the lack of a cupholder and storage area (you can always bring one of the best TUMI backpacks along for extra storage). But if you want something that lets you quickly get around or ride public transit, the Doona Infant Car Seat is one of your best options.
Baby Jogger City Mini 2 (Best Full-Size Stroller)
When you want a full-size stroller that can hold most infant car seats, the Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Stroller is a great choice. This stroller has a three-wheel design and forever air rubber tires which makes navigating city sidewalks or rugged terrain good.
Despite the manufacturer’s name (Baby Jogger), the City Mini 2 isn’t intended for jogging.
Children from ages 1 month and 54 months can ride in the stroller. Select infant carriers are compatible with the City Mini 2, such as the Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat.
The seat reclines to a near flat position letting you use this stroller with newborns. As your child grows, you can adjust the calf support for long-term comfort. A full-coverage UV 50 canopy can protect your child from the sun and precipitation.
One advantage of a full-size stroller is the possibility of adding accessories. A large storage basket fits on the underside and comes standard. You can also add a child tray, parents console, and other accessories.
This stroller collapses with one hand and weighs 18.8 pounds. A double-seat version of the City GT2 is available if you have twins or two small children.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller (Best Jogging Stroller)
If you like to jog or want an easy-to-maneuver stroller, check out the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller. All three wheels are “large” bicycle tires and the front wheel swivels. You can lock the front wheel in place for jogging.
One child up to 50 pounds can sit inside the Expedition Jogger Stroller. This stroller is also compatible with 42-inch car seats for children weighing up to 30 pounds.
This jogging stroller almost lies flat for sleeping babes and has a 5-point safety harness and tether strap. There’s also an adjustable canopy strap that blocks the sun and rain.
Parents will also enjoy the two cupholders and the parent tray at the handlebar level. There is also a storage basket at the bottom.
This stroller is heavier than most strollers as it weighs 25.5 pounds. But you have plenty of storage space and is easy to push.
Besrey Airplane Stroller (Best Stroller for Flying)
Flying with children is necessary to visit family or to take an exotic vacation. The Besrey Airplane Stroller Lightweight Convertible Carriage has a solid construction for infants and toddlers up to 36 months. This stroller is also one of the best for getting across the airport and sightseeing.
This stroller only weighs 13 pounds and its compact dimensions of 25.2 inches by 11.8 inches by 10.6 inches lets it fit in most overhead airplane bins. However, this stroller may be too wide to walk down the airplane aisle.
Stroller features include a 5-point safety harness, removable handlebar, and double brakes. Convenience features include a no-bother window in the canopy, a ventilation system along with a near-flat seat, and a storage compartment underneath.
You can collapse the stroller with one hand. This stroller also comes with a rain cover and storage carry bag that can be handy as you travel.
Jeep North Star Stroller (Best Lightweight Stroller)
Parents wanting a lightweight stroller will like the Jeep North Star Stroller that weighs slightly less than 12 pounds. Children up to 40 pounds can ride in the North Star with a 3-point safety harness.
There is also a retractable canopy, mesh seat back and a storage area underneath. Parents get a removable carry-all organizer that can hold the baby essentials along with a cup holder.
You might like this stroller if you’re going on a road trip and need something that’s compact but durable enough for sightseeing or going on long walks.
Kolcraft Lightweight Stroller (Best Budget Stroller)
Sometimes, you need a small stroller that’s lightweight and compact. The Kolcraft Lightweight Stroller is a good option that holds one child up to 40 pounds. You can roll up the seat back on hot days for a mesh back. There is also a small storage area underneath and a parent’s cupholder.
This stroller doesn’t lie-back but is easy to collapse and store in any car. The Kolcraft Cloud only weighs 9.5 pounds, making it one of the lightest strollers you can buy.
BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 (Best Double Stroller)
What’s the easiest way to get around with two small children? The answer can be a double stroller like the BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie. The suspension system and air-filled tires can provide a comfortable ride and make this stroller easy to steer.
Both seats hold children up to 50 pounds or compatible car seats by using the add-on travel system adapter. Each seat has near-flat reclining capability and vented seatbacks. A UPF 50+ canopy protects your children.
Despite its above-average size comes with a large storage basket under the stroller and 10 additional storage pockets. You can bring most baby essentials and a successful day trip. This stroller also meets the requirements to visit Disney.
Whether you need a compact or full-size stroller, you can easily run errands, exercise, and go sightseeing. The best strollers are effortless to maneuver, are comfortable for long walks with your headphones in tow, and have cargo pockets for your baby essentials.
- Use This Tip When Flying With Kids and a Car Seat
- Best Credit Cards for New Apple iPhone
- Best Travel Products 2020
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Doona Infant Car Seat (Best Overall Stroller)
- 2 Baby Jogger City Mini 2 (Best Full-Size Stroller)
- 3 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller (Best Jogging Stroller)
- 4 Besrey Airplane Stroller (Best Stroller for Flying)
- 5 Jeep North Star Stroller (Best Lightweight Stroller)
- 6 Kolcraft Lightweight Stroller (Best Budget Stroller)
- 7 BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 (Best Double Stroller)
- 8 Summary