This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Do you use Uber and Lyft regularly? Even if you don’t use either often, they can be a super convenient option for your travels. Additionally, rideshares can be an easy way to earn bonus credit card points. What you may not know is that Uber and Lyft have also partnered with some of the banks that offer the best travel credit cards. So, not only can you earn points or miles on your rides, but you can also get access to their other options.
Ridesharing is a great way to explore a large city without the stress of finding and paying for expensive parking. These are some of the best credit cards for Uber and Lyft rides.
The Best Credit Cards for Uber and Lyft in 2022
- Uber Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Citi Premier® Card
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Apple Card
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card
- The World Of Hyatt Credit Card
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Uber Credit Card
The information for the Uber Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Uber Credit Card may seem like a no-brainer for Uber and Uber Eats purchases, if you’re okay with earning Uber Cash. You earn up to 5% Uber Cash on purchases:
- 5% back on Uber services (Uber, Uber Eats, and JUMP)
- 3% back on hotels, airfare, and restaurants
- 1% back on everything else
The Uber Credit Card doesn’t have an annual fee. You also get up to $600 in cell phone protection when you pay your mobile phone bill through the card. New cardholders can earn $100 in Uber Cash after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® can be a good, flexible option for a number of reasons. For one, cardholders earn 3x points on dining worldwide, including eligible takeout and delivery services. You can also earn up to 10x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft rides through March 31, 2025.
Chase Sapphire Reserve purchases earn up to 10x Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Cardholders can earn unlimited:
- 10x total points on hotels and car rentals purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 10x total points on Chase Dining purchases with Ultimate Rewards
- 5x total points on flights when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 3x points on other travel worldwide (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 3x points on other dining at restaurants, including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out
- 1x points for all remaining purchases
You will not receive rewards points on your first $300 in annual travel purchases as the annual travel statement credit reimburses these purchases.
Points are worth 50% more when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $900 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Bonus: Chase Lyft Benefits
The Lyft accelerator benefit now expires through March 31, 2025. You can earn up to 10x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft rides for the next three years.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® earns 10 points per $1 spent on Lyft rides. However, the complimentary Lyft Pink benefit enrollment period ended on March 31, 2022.
These cards earn 5x Ultimate Rewards® or cash back per $1 spent on Lyft rides:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- (Discounted) Chase Freedom®
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Plus, the Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card
- All Ink Business cards (Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card, and Ink Business Cash® Credit Card)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is another awesome option. For one, the Chase Sapphire Preferred earns 5x points per $1 spent on Lyft rides, through March 31, 2025.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred earns unlimited:
- 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards® (excluding hotel purchases that qualify for the $50 Anniversary Hotel Credit)
- 3x points on dining (including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out)
- 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target®, Walmart®, and wholesale clubs)
- Also 3x points on select streaming services
- 2x points on all other travel purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all non-bonus purchases
There is a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit. It comes in the form of a statement credit that will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for hotel accommodation purchases made through the Ultimate Rewards program, up to an annual maximum accumulation of $50.
Plus, on each account anniversary, you’ll earn bonus points equal to 10% of your total purchases made the previous year. So, if you spend $25,000 on purchases, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points.
Your points are worth 1.25 cents each when booking award travel with Chase. You can also transfer them at a 1:1 ratio to airlines and hotels including United, Southwest Airlines, Singapore Airlines, and World of Hyatt.
In case you don’t know, Chase Ultimate Rewards points are some of the most valuable credit card points you can earn. They’re worth the most for booking award flights. However, they are also worth 1 cent each for cash and gift cards.
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Citi Premier Card
The Citi Premier® Card can be another exciting option if you desire flexible ways to earn and redeem points. Earn 3x ThankYou points on air travel, hotels, restaurants, hotels, and gas stations. Everything else earns 1x point per $1. Cardholders can enjoy $100 off a single hotel stay of $500 or more, excluding taxes and fees, through thankyou.com once per calendar year.
For a limited time, new Citi Premier® Card cardmembers can earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
If you qualify for the Mastercard World Elite version of the Citi Premier, you can get a loyalty bonus for riding Lyft. Mastercard gives you a $10 Lyft credit once per month after 5 monthly rides.
Related: Best Citi credit cards
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card
The information related to Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card has been collected by Johnny Jet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express card earns 3x Go Far Rewards on select purchases:
- Public transit and rideshares
- Gas stations
- Popular streaming services
Points can be worth up to 1.5 cents each when booking award flights through the Wells Fargo travel portal. All other travel and gift card rewards are worth 1 cent each.
And if you’re wondering if a Wells Fargo metal credit card exists, know that the answer is yes. This is a Wells Fargo metal credit card.
You also get up to $600 in annual cell phone protection by charging your monthly phone bill to your Propel Card. This doesn’t have an annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
Learn more: Best no annual fee travel credit cards
The information related to the Apple Card has been collected by Johnny Jet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
The Apple Card can be a good cash back option for Uber purchases. You get 3% cash at select merchants including Uber, Uber Eats, and Apple. All Apply Pay purchases earn 2% back which is a payment option for Lyft rides. Otherwise, you only earn 1% back on Lyft on other non-Apple Pay purchases.
This card lets you redeem your cash rewards balance daily. It’s a nice feature if you want a cashback card with no annual fee.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card makes earning rewards on all purchases easy. You get 2x miles for every $1 you spend. However, earn 5x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. Plus, Venture cardholders will earn 5x miles when booking through the Turo app or on Turo.com (through May 16, 2023).
Then you can redeem your miles for travel statement credits, booking upcoming travel, or transfer miles to Capital One’s leading travel loyalty programs.
One fringe benefit includes Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit, up to $100.
New Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card cardholders can earn 75,000 miles after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Learn more: Travel Rewards Credit Cards
U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card
- 5% cash back on the first $2,000 in combined eligible purchases each quarter on two categories they choose. Categories include:
- Fast food
- TV, internet, and streaming services
- Cell phone providers
- Home utilities
- Department stores
- Electronic stores
- Sporting goods stores
- Movie theaters
- Gym/fitness centers
- Furniture stores
- Ground transportation
- Select clothing stores
- 5% cash back on prepaid air, hotel, and car reservations booked directly in the Rewards Travel Center
- 2% cash back on one everyday category, like Gas Stations/EV Charging Stations, Grocery Stores or Restaurants
- 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases
To earn cash back, choose and activate the categories. Then, earn cash back with every eligible purchase. Cardholders can redeem their cash back anytime online.
Another perk of this card is the ability to pay over time. Pay over time by splitting eligible purchases of $100+ into equal monthly payments with U.S. Bank ExtendPay™ Plan.
New U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after spending $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening.
Get cash back as a statement credit, a rewards card, or directly deposited into their U.S. Bank checking or savings account. Read more in our U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card review.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card
To earn some of the most valuable hotel points, look no further than The World of Hyatt Credit Card.
Local transit and rideshares earn 2x World of Hyatt points. Dining, flights booked directly from the airline, plus fitness club and gym memberships earn double Hyatt points too. With the card, you earn up to 9 Hyatt points per $1 spent on World of Hyatt purchases.
Besides getting bonus points on local transit, another exciting reason to consider this card is for the free anniversary night. This night is valid at any category 1-4 property and can be worth a lot more than the card’s $95 annual fee. You get a second free night each year after $15,000 in annual card purchases.
This is one of the best hotel credit cards to book free nights at swanky properties.
This card also gives you instant World of Hyatt Discoverist loyalty status. Member perks include waived resort fees, premium on-site internet, space-available room upgrades, and Pearl M Life rewards status.
You also have the opportunity to earn up to 60,000 bonus points as a signup bonus. Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent on purchases that earn 1 Bonus Point, up to $15,000, in the first 6 months of account opening.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
You might only use Uber and Lyft as they are the easiest ways to get around town. Each ride can also help you earn more rewards for travel and cash. Now, it’s time to get ready to maximize your rides and maybe leave your driver a nice tip in the process.
- Can I Pay Bills With a Credit Card?
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Beginners 2022
- The Best Gas Credit Cards for 2022 (Rewards, Cash Back, & Bonuses)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 The Best Credit Cards for Uber and Lyft in 2022
- 2 Uber Credit Card
- 3 Chase Sapphire Reserve
- 4 Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- 5 Citi Premier Card
- 6 Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card
- 7 Apple Card
- 8 Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- 9 U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card
- 10 The World of Hyatt Credit Card
- 11 Summary