This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Are you doing more home improvement projects lately? You’re not alone as you probably realize each time you go to Lowe’s. Spending time in the checkout line and knowing that late spring and early summer projects are around the corner probably has you wondering if one of the Lowe’s credit cards is worth it. This Lowe’s credit cards review can help you narrow down your choices.
Lowe’s Credit Cards Review
There are personal and business Lowe’s credit cards that help you save money on each store purchase. It’s possible to save 5% on Lowe’s purchases or enjoy special financing. Some of the Lowe’s cards are also excellent credit cards for home improvement.
Lowe’s Advantage Card
The information for the Lowe’s Advantage Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Lowe’s Advantage Card is for personal homeowners. It’s actually the only personal Lowe’s credit card available. This card doesn’t have an annual fee.
This is a store charge card that you can only use for Lowe’s purchases. While you can’t use it for non-Lowe’s purchases, the card can still help you build credit. It’s possible to qualify for the Advantage Card with a 620 credit score. If you’re comfortable having an in-store credit card, you should consider this card.
Synchrony Financial issues the Lowe’s Advantage Card. After application approval, you can start saving money.
Up to $100 Signup Bonus
The one-time signup bonus lets you earn 10% back (up to $100 back) on your first Lowe’s purchase. To qualify for this offer, you must open and use a new Lowe’s Advantage Card and make a purchase between 01/16/20 – 7/31/20. This type of welcome offer is common for store cards. You will want to time your application for when you can spend up to $1,000 at once to get the full bonus.
Ongoing Purchase Rewards
After getting up to 10% back on your first purchase, you can either get 5% back or special financing.
Here are your three rewards options for Lowe’s Advantage purchases:
- 5% back on Lowe’s purchases OR
- 0% interest for 6 months on purchases of $299 or more OR
- 84 months of fixed monthly payments with reduced APR financing on orders of $2,000 or more
You will only be able to choose one of the above offers for each purchase. If you make a minimum $299 order, you can choose the 5% back or the 6-month 0% APR.
The 5% discount instantly at checkout to the item price but not the sales tax. Also, the 5% discount may not apply to gift card purchases or certain “high profile brands” like Bosch Benchmark, ICON, or Weber.
For both of the special financing offers, the standard APR applies on the remaining balance after the promotional APR ends. You can’t “double dip” and earn 5% back if you opt for special financing.
Limited Time Offers
You can also enjoy other limited-time offers that are exclusive to Lowe’s credit cards.
Most offers include special 12-month financing for these large purchases:
- Installed heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
Is Lowe’s Advantage Card Worth It?
The Lowe’s Advantage Card can be worth it if the 5% discount or 0% 6-month financing is better than earning credit card rewards. Cash back cards and travel credit cards may not earn as much, but you have more flexibility with redeeming your rewards.
For example, large purchases can help you earn the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass.
Lowe’s Business Credit Cards
This Lowe’s credit cards review continues with the business cards. Lowe’s offers several business credit cards. One is a credit card that can be used for non-Lowe’s purchases. None of the Lowe’s business credit cards have an annual fee.
Lowe’s Business Rewards Card from American Express
The information for the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card from American Express has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Landlords and property managers may appreciate the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card from American Express. American Express issues this credit card and it can be used for non-Lowe’s purchases.
$100 Cash Back Signup Bonus
You will instantly get $100 cash back upon application approval. This is one of the most effortless business credit card signup bonuses you can earn.
There are multiple ways to earn credit card rewards with this Lowe’s credit card:
- 5% instant savings on eligible Lowe’s orders
- 3x points for US restaurants, US office supply stores, and wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers
- 2x points at Lowe’s
- 1x points for everything else
This card has no annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
Redeeming Lowe’s Credit Card Points
You can redeem your 3x, 2x, and 1x points for Lowe’s or American Express gift cards.
Lowe’s ProServices Discounts
All of the business Lowe’s credit cards offer special discounts for Lowe’s ProServices. These discounts are different than the sales you see in the weekly ad. The other ProServices discount you may enjoy is discounted delivery on select purchases.
In addition to the Lowe’s discounts, this card qualifies for the American Express “Amex Offers.” These one-time cash discounts can help you save money on non-Lowe’s purchases.
Lowe’s for Pros Business Cards
There are three different business cards. None of these cards have an annual fee but each caters to a different business type. Below is a quick summary of each card.
Business Account Card
The information for the Lowe’s Business Account Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Business Account Card is similar to the personal Lowe’s Advantage Card (but for businesses):
- 5% back on Lowe’s purchases
- Pay in full each month or fixed monthly payments
- Special Lowe’s ProServices discounts
- Can request credit line increases
- Can share credit line with other cards
This can be your option if you need multiple employee cards.
Accounts Receivable Card
The information for the Lowe’s Accounts Receivable Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Accounts Receivable Card is best if you pay your balance in full each month.
- 5% off Lowe’s purchases
- Must pay the balance in full each month
- Exclusive promotions and discounted delivery
This card is only for one person and has no annual fee.
The information for the Lowe’s PreLoad Discover® Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Lowe’s PreLoad Discover® Card is a prepaid card and doesn’t require a credit check. However, as this isn’t a credit card, you won’t be able to build credit. The good news is that you can’t carry a balance so you won’t pay interest charges.
- Can fund with a debit card, credit card, or business checking account
- 5% savings at Lowe’s
- Additional employee cards are available
- No annual fee
Who Should Get a Lowe’s Business Credit Card?
You should consider one of the business Lowe’s credit cards if you want the upfront 5% Lowe’s discount instead of the cash or travel rewards. These cards are also a good option if you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
This Lowe’s credit cards review shows what options you have if you want to save the most money at Lowe’s. But you forfeit earning cash back or travel rewards that have more flexibility. As none of the business or personal cards charge an annual fee, they can be a good secondary card for those random Lowe’s purchases.
Is Lowe’s credit card worth it?
This Lowe’s credit cards review wouldn’t be complete without talking about whether or not these cards are worth it. The Lowe’s credit card can be worth it for these two reasons:
- Instant 5% savings or special financing terms
- No annual fee
The current credit cards in your wallet most likely don’t earn 5% back (or more) at home improvement stores.
However, you may want to avoid the Lowe’s credit cards if you want a card that you can use for non-Lowe’s purchases too.
Also, you can’t redeem your rewards for cash back to your bank account or travel rewards. If you prefer earning points you can redeem for award travel, you should use a travel miles card for Lowe’s purchases instead.
Is the Lowe’s credit card hard to get?
The Lowe’s credit cards can be easier to qualify for than most credit cards. One reason why is that 4 of the 5 cards are store charge cards. These cards can only be used for Lowe’s purchases.
You need a 620 credit score or higher for approval. The 620-mark is the start of “fair credit” or “prime credit” for most lenders. One Lowe’s card, the Lowe’s PreLoad Card, doesn’t require a credit check. However, it’s a prepaid card only for business owners.
You can apply for these cards online or in-store. Synchrony Financial will give you an instant application decision in most cases to see if you’re approved.
What credit score do I need to get a Lowe’s credit card?
You should have a 620 credit score to apply for the personal Lowe’s Advantage credit card. This same guidance applies for 3 of the 4 Lowe’s business credit cards.
However, the PreLoad Card is a prepaid card that doesn’t require a credit check as you can’t carry a balance and your payments don’t report to the credit bureaus. You can fund the PreLoad Card with a credit card, debit card, or checking account to fund your card before shopping at Lowe’s.
- Best Credit Cards for Groceries
- Best Small Business Credit Cards for Travel Rewards
- The Best Credit Cards for Young Adults
- Best No Annual Fee Travel Credit Cards
- Best Credit Card for Paying Rent
For rates and fees of the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.