This is a sponsored post
There is no question than an African safari adventure should be on the bucket list of any outdoor enthusiast or animal lover. From venturing into remote locations in search of the Big 5 to watching millions of animals migrate over the plains of the Serengeti, Africa is a truly magical destination with an abundance of activities to offer.
You may be thinking that an African safari is all about roughing it in the bush, but for anyone who enjoys their creature comforts you’ll be happy to learn that a luxury safari experience will measure up to any world class hotel. Feel the heartbeat of Africa as you enjoy five star accommodations at these top destinations as recommended by the luxury safari experts at African Safari Home.
The Serengeti is world renowned for the great animal migration, where over 2 million animals move in a circular pattern year-round in search of greener grazing pastures as they follow the seasonal rains.
The great animal migration consists of over 1.4 million wildebeest, 400,000 gazelle and over 250,000 zebra, making it the greatest animal migration on earth and a must see wildlife adventure.
As these herbivores move in large numbers across the Serengeti they are tracked by a number of predators including lion and hyena, with hundreds of crocodiles waiting patiently in the rivers. This makes for one of natures most authentic wildlife experiences and Africa’s most popular attraction.
The best time to see the great migration in one place is from January to March as over 400,000 wildebeest calves are born and require 6-8 weeks to gain their strength for the migration. The most recommended way to see the migration however is on a luxury tented experience that follows the path of the migration. This creates a more authentic experience with less overcrowding from the many tourists who visit the Serengeti yearly.
A luxury safari experience ranges from $550 to $2,000 plus per person per night depending on the time of the year and accommodation required.
The Maasai Mara (Masai Mara) is located in the southwest of Kenya and offers a wide variety of wildlife experiences. The Mara is big cat country with large populations of Masai Lions, African Leopards and Tanzanian Cheetahs. The entire Big 5 can be seen here as well as the Great Migration from July to August when the wildebeest enter the Mara briefly before looping back south into Tanzania.
For bird lovers the Masai Mara boasts over 470 different species, with almost 60 species of raptors alone.
Luxury safari accommodation in the Maasai Mara ranges from $450 to $1,350 per person sharing, per night.
The Delta region of waterways and channels is home to over 200,000 large mammals with large herds of buffalo and elephant totaling in excess of 30,000 alone.
This magnificent remote location boasts some of the most luxurious safari properties in all of Africa and is often regarded as the premier luxury safari destination. Many of these fine properties are located on the banks of the waterways or overlooking watering holes that attract a wide variety of animal and birdlife. This makes for exceptional game viewing and photographic opportunities from the comfort of your private deck.
The Okavango Delta area is home to over 400 species birds including the sought after African fish eagle and Pel’s fishing owl. For fishing enthusiasts there are over 70 different species including the powerful tigerfish.
A mokoro (traditional canoe) safari is a unique way to explore the wildlife in the waterways and get up close to hippos and the many elephant in the region, a unique experience to the Okavango Delta.
A luxury safari adventure in the Okavango Delta ranges from $750 – $2,500 per person sharing, per night.
The Kruger Park to the north of South Africa is the ideal place to view the Big 5 in the wild. If you are unfamiliar with this term, the Big 5 are the elephant, lion, rhino, leopard and buffalo. They were given this name, as these were the animals most difficult to track and hunt.
The Kruger Park is also home to more than 140 species of large mammals, more than any other park in Africa, making it one of the premier safari destinations on the continent.
When it comes to luxury safaris the Kruger Park has a lot to offer, with the largest selection of luxury safari lodges and camps available at any wildlife reserve. The average rate for a luxury safari is from $700 – $2,500 per person sharing, per night, depending on the season.
For more information or to get expert planning advice for your luxury safari adventure, visit AfricanSafariHome.com and an experienced travel consultant will assist you every step of the way. African Safari Home offers the best rates at over 300 properties in South & East Africa, is fully bonded for your peace of mind and has over 20 years luxury safari experience.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.