Although summer is technically over in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s just about to begin on the planet’s other half. And these days, the sun seems to be stronger than it’s ever been, even in fall, winter and spring. In short, choosing the right sunscreen is essential, especially when it’s for your kids.
As a parent who’s had squamous cell carcinoma, I’ve had trouble deciding what sunscreen—if any—to apply on Jack. I try to limit his sun time and have him play in shaded areas and wear a hat, but it’s not easy, especially living in Southern California. And so I was happy to look over a new list of best sunscreens for kids, compiled by the Environmental Working Group (EWG). From a list of sunscreens previously identified as safer for the environment than others, EWG scored each product’s efficacy, safety risks, environmental impact, and more. Twenty-seven sunscreens scored highest. Here are three of them:
- Adorable Baby Sunscreen Stick, SPF 30+
- Kabana Organic Skincare Green Screen D Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 35
- Loving Naturals Clear Body Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30+
The full list of EWG’s 27 best sunscreens for kids, plus more sun safety tips, is available here.
More sun safety
- Why You Should Wear Sunscreen on a Plane
- The Best Sunscreens to Use This Summer
- Wear Sunscreen That Doesn’t Harm the Ocean
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.