My buddy Rich DeMuro is on a mission to help everyday people understand technology and get the most out of their gadgets and apps (of which there are of course a ton that are travel-related). Rich is the tech reporter for KTLA-TV 5 in Los Angeles and appears on the #1-rated KTLA Morning News. I met him when he guest-hosted Leo Laporte’s The Tech Guy radio show. He also interviewed me for KTLA a few months ago (here’s the segment).
Rich just came out with a new book that I think will help travelers with iPhones called “101 Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone.” Here’s an excerpt of the Amazon description: “Tech Reporter Rich DeMuro has presented TV segments on a variety of tech topics for over a decade and has fielded many emails from everyday folks struggling to understand their devices. Their stories have inspired this collection of tips designed to make you feel in control of your phone and not the other way around. Anyone can follow the steps, understand the concepts and learn. There’s no complex language and the tips will delight beginners and impress even the most expert user. Updated, simplified and revised for iOS 12 with tips on the latest additions to the software including Screen Time, Group FaceTime, Memoji, Do Not Disturb during Bedtime, Siri Shortcuts and more.
“Some of the things you’ll learn? From the basics, like How to Take a Screenshot (tip #20) to the advanced, like How to Change the Brightness of the Flashlight (tip #36). Did you know your iPhone has a built-in Document Scanner (tip #87) or a magnifying glass (tip #33)? Learn how to use the new virtual measuring tape built into the latest iPhones (tip #11), cancel a subscription (tip #23) or share apps and movies you’ve paid for with other household family members (tips #76 and #77).”
Grab it: Grab “101 Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone” by Rich DeMuro on Amazon for $18.99 (paperback) and $9.99 (Kindle).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.