David Neeleman, the founder and former CEO of JetBlue, is launching his fifth airline start-up, after JetBlue, Brazil’s Azul, Canada’s WestJet, and Utah-based Morris Air (later purchased by Southwest).
Breeze Airways is going to have 39 nonstop routes between 16 cities in the Southwest, Midwest, Southeast and Eastern US. The first flights will operate between Charleston, SC, Tampa, FL and Hartford, CT, starting May 27, with remaining destinations to be added each week through July 22, 2021. Flights are now on sale at flybreeze.com and the Breeze app, starting at $39 one way.
According to Breeze, 95 percent of their routes currently have no airline serving them nonstop. With no change or cancellation fees, up to 24-months of reusable flight credit and customized flight features delivered via the Breeze app, they’re trying to make it easier for people to fly.
Breeze will operate 13 single-class Embraer aircraft this summer, flying routes with an average flight length under two hours. The ten E190 jets will be configured to seat 108 passengers while the three E195 aircraft will have 118 seats. Travelers may choose from fares that include ‘Nice’ seats, or ‘Nicer’ seats with extra legroom. All Embraer aircraft will be a two-by-two seat configuration, so there are no middle seats.
Breeze will start taking delivery of 60 brand new Airbus A220 aircraft, beginning in October and delivering at about one per month for five years. The A220 routes, which will be announced in the fall, all will be longer than two hours’ flight time. The A220s will include a premium cabin, called ‘Nicest’ seating, in a two-by-two configuration at the front of the plane. The remainder of the aircraft will feature a two-by-three seat configuration.
The Route Network
From Tampa Bay
Breeze will inaugurate service on 10 routes, most of which are currently not served:
-Charleston, SC (starting May 27);
-Louisville, KY (May 28);
-Tulsa, OK; (June 4);
-Norfolk, VA (June 10);
-Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR (June 17);
-Akron/Canton, OH (June 26);
-Oklahoma City, OK (July 1);
-Columbus, OH (July 3);
-Huntsville, AL (July 22); and
-Richmond, VA (July 22).
Breeze will inaugurate service to 11 markets, most of which are currently not served:
-Hartford, CT (starting May 27);
-Tampa, FL (May 27);
-Louisville, KY (May 28);
-Norfolk, VA; (June 10);
-Akron/Canton, OH (July 8);
-Columbus, OH (July 8);
-New Orleans, LA (July 8);
-Pittsburgh, PA (July 8);
-Richmond, VA (July 8);
-Huntsville, AL (July 15); and
-Providence, RI (July 22).
Breeze will inaugurate service on 7 routes, 6 are currently not served:
-Charleston, SC (starting June 10);
-Tampa, FL (June 10);
-New Orleans, LA (July 15);
-Columbus, OH (July 22);
-Hartford, CT (July 22);
-Pittsburgh, PA (July 22); and
-Providence, RI. (July 29).
From New Orleans
Breeze will inaugurate service to 10 markets, most of which are currently not served:
-Charleston, SC (starting July 8);
-Akron/Canton, OH (July 15);
-Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR (July 15);
-Huntsville, AL (July 15);
-Louisville, KY (July 15);
-Norfolk, VA (July 15);
-Oklahoma, OK (July 15);
-Richmond, VA (July 15);
-Tulsa, OK (July 15); and
-Columbus, OH (July 16).
The Nice Fare is the airline’s most affordable fare starting at $39 one-way and includes a personal item, such as a backpack or purse. You can select a seat assignment and add bags to your reservation for an additional cost. If no seat is selected, then one will be assigned at no cost during check-in. The Nice seat pitch is 29 inches on the E-190 aircraft and 31 inches on the E-195s. A Nice Fare can be paired with a Nicer Seat for an additional cost. All Nice Fares receive two percent in BreezePoints.
The Nicer Fare includes an extra legroom seat assignment, a personal item, carry-on bag (overhead bin), one checked bag, a complimentary drink and snack, and priority boarding. The Nicer seat pitch is between 33 and 39 inches on the E-190s, depending on the row selected, and between 34 and 39 inches on the E-195s. All Nicer Fares receive four percent in BreezePoints.
TSA PreCheck Qualified
Breeze Airways has already been added to the TSA’s PreCheck program for guests from day one.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.