This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you enjoy the perks of flying premium economy, one airline is about to make things a bit nicer. Of course, a lie-flat bed in business or first class is always preferable, but World Traveller Plus passengers aboard British Airways flights are in for a few positive changes this year.
Effective this week, travelers now have three choices of main course to select from a printed menu. If you prefer not to wait until you are on board, you can pre-order your meal option online through the “manage your booking” section on the British Airways website.
Among the planned options include braised beef with potatoes and rigatoni pasta with garlic and herb sauce. The second meal prior to landing will also be a bit more substantial with a hot option for those that are feeling peckish.
British Airways serves World Traveller Plus meals on larger trays with real crockery and silverware. This not only improves the presentation but makes it feel a bit more like business class.
Even if you don’t eat inflight, you will notice improved pillows and blankets (the airline is calling them quilts indicating they may be especially plush). They are also offering a nicer amenity kit. These are expected to be phased in this spring.
Some Boeing B777-200 aircraft have already been retrofitted with more space for new seats. These seats will also feature larger entertainment screens plus foot and headrests with multiple adjustment positions.
A great tip when buying British Airways tickets is to use the dedicated link provided to AARP members that
Many travelers also report that they are able to sign up as a member despite being under 50 years old. A five-year membership costs just over $60, and a one-year membership is only $12. Sadly, there used to be a discount offered for buying first class or premium economy tickets, but that is no longer available.
Don’t forget that if you have the British Airways Visa Signature card, you are also eligible for a 10% discount on BA flights. Some cardholders report that this can
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.