Carlsbad Flower Fields
On the drive back to L.A. we decided to stop at the Carlsbad Flower Fields (25 miles north of San Diego). It’s a convenient stop since the fields are located right off of Interstate 5 and they are only open March 1- May 14. They charge $14 per adult and kids between three and 10 are $7. Seniors over 60 cost $13.
They also offer a wagon ride that fits about 15 people and is towed by a John Deere tractor.
It was way too early in the season for us to visit because usually you can just walk a few hundred steps to the flower fields but they only had a small patch growing about a mile away.
Fortunately, we spent the extra $5 per person (Jack was free) for the wagon ride, which takes about 30 minutes and includes a 10-15 min stop at a flower field so you can get out and snap pics.
My advice is to only go if you can see the flowers from the parking lot.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.