This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
There are several Chase credit card promotions you should know about. It’s easier to earn bonus points and redeem points. Below is a summary of the various promotions so you don’t overlook an opportunity to earn more while we stay home.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
Earn Bonus Points At Grocery Stores (Expired)
Most co-brand Chase credit cards for travel plus the Chase Sapphire cards earn up to 5 points per $1 on grocery store purchases. The bonus points apply to the first $1,500 in May and $1,500 in June at grocery stores. All monthly grocery spending above the $1,500 mark earns 1 point per $1.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® and the premium United Airlines credit cards (i.e., the United Club Card) earn 5 points per $1 on grocery store purchases.
You earn 3 points (or miles) per $1 on grocery store purchases with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. The cards that earn these travel points also earn 3x points or miles per $1 on grocery store purchases:
- Avios family
- IHG Rewards
- World of Hyatt
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- United MileagePlus (i.e. United Explorer Card)
- Disney (Disney Premier Visa earns 3% Disney Rewards dollars)
This Chase grocery store bonus applies to the co-brand Chase cards with an annual fee. For instance, the no annual fee Freedom, United, IHG, or Disney cards do not qualify. The Chase small business credit cards do not earn bonus points on groceries either during this promotion period.
The American Express and Chase Marriott credit cards earn 6x Bonvoy points on the first $5,000 in grocery purchases you make between May 1, 2020, and July 31, 2020.
Discounted Gift Cards (Expired)
Chase routinely runs gift card sales where each Ultimate Rewards point is worth more. Normally, each point is worth 1 cent each when redeeming Chase points for gift cards. The following sale runs from May 1, 2020, to May 31, 2020, with limited quantities.
This sale makes each point worth up to 10% more (1.1 cents each) for these brands:
- Applebee’s (Freedom family only)
- Barnes & Noble
- Bath & Body Works
- Belk (Freedom and Sapphire family only)
- Bob Evans
- Chipotle (Freedom family only)
- GAP and GAP Options
- Happy Treat’s
- Lululemon (Sapphire family only)
- Panera Bread
- P.F. Chang’s (Freedom family only)
- Red Lobster (5% discount only and Freedom family only)
- Red Robin
- Staples (Ink business cards only)
- Texas Roadhouse (Freedom only)
Some brands are only on sale with either the Freedom or Sapphire card families.
Chase Credit Card Signup Bonus Extensions (EXPIRED)
Did you open a Chase credit card in January, February, or March 2020? If so, you may have several extra months to earn the signup bonus. Most banks are extending credit card signup bonus requirements by 3 months.
Chase sent an extension email to all qualifying accounts in mid-April. Instead of the standard 3-month window, you have 6 months to meet the spending requirement. Six-month bonus periods now have 9 months.
American Express is offering a similar yet more generous bonus offer. For instance, you can gain an extra 3 months for any personal or business card you apply for by May 31, 2020. You get the 3-month extension even if Amex doesn’t approve your application until June.
“Due to the impact of COVID-19, for eligible Card accounts approved from December 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020 for which you are eligible for a welcome offer, the period to make eligible purchases to earn your welcome bonus will be extended for an additional 3 months. Eligible Cards are U.S. Consumer and Business Cards issued by American Express National Bank to a Basic Card Member.”
American Express credit cards bonus categories have also been added to help during the COVID-19 pandemic. As many of us adjust to staying and working from home, these categories can be helpful for our spending.
World of Hyatt Bonuses (Expired)
Owners of the World of Hyatt Credit Card can enjoy several World of Hyatt promotions. Some of these promos are also for the legacy Hyatt Credit Card–the predecessor to the current co-brand World of Hyatt Credit Card.
Earn 3 Qualifying Tier Nights Per $5,000 in Purchases
Between April 15, 2020, and June 30, 2020, you get 3 qualifying tier night credits (instead of 2 tier credits) for every $5,000 in World of Hyatt Credit Card purchases. These credits are in addition the 5 credits you receive at the start of each year.
Hyatt credit cardmembers earn 2 credits per $5,000 in spend. You may also consider earning World of Hyatt points on your credit card purchases.
Enhanced World of Hyatt Credit Card Signup Bonus
Applying for the World of Hyatt Credit Card between April 15, 2020, and June 30, 2020, get 10 elite night credits upon approval. You can also earn the standard two-phase World of Hyatt points signup bonus:
- Spend $3,000 in the first 3 months to get 25,000 bonus points
- Spending a total of $6,000 in the first 6 months gives you a second 50,000 bonus points
The total 50,000-point bonus offer is worth up to 10 Hyatt award nights. In addition to the signup bonus, you get these Hyatt card benefits:
- Instant World of Hyatt Discoverist loyalty status
- Earn up to 4 points per $1 on purchases
- One free award night each card anniversary (valid at category 1-4 hotels)
- Second free award night after making $15,000 in annual card purchases
- 5 qualifying night credits toward next elite tier status
You Invest with J.P. Morgan $725 Signup Promotion (Expired)
The information for You Invest℠ by J.P. Morgan has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
DIY investors can get up to $725 bonus cash by opening a new You Invest℠ by J.P. Morgan INVESTMENT PRODUCTS: NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC INSURED • NO BANK GUARANTEE • MAY LOSE VALUE account within 45 days:
- $200 bonus cash: Between $25,000 and $99,999 in new funds
- $350 bonus cash: Between $100,000 and $249,999 in new funds
- $725 bonus cash: Above $250,000 in new funds
You will need to open an account by September 21, 2020, and fund the account within 45 days using new funds. New money is cash or securities from a non-Chase or non-J.P. Morgan account. Plus you must maintain the balance for 90 days to receive the cash bonus. J.P. Morgan issues the bonus with 10 days of achieving the 90-day holding period.
It’s possible to get the bonus with a taxable, traditional IRA, or Roth IRA.
This stock investing account doesn’t charge account service fees. Trade commissions for stocks, ETFs, and options are $0 but you may pay options contracts.
Related: Best credit cards for buying stock
It’s worth pursuing these various Chase credit card promotions and other offers. The grocery store bonus and DoorDash bonus can be the easiest to qualify for. But the World of Hyatt and gift card offers are also worth it to maximize your regular habits.
- Best Credit Card Offers
- Credit Card Perks Extended Due to Coronavirus
- Credit Card Benefits That Can Help During Coronavirus
- Earn Points and Miles Through Dining
- Best Credit Cards for Eating At Home
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.