This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The Chase Sapphire credit cards are awesome options for travel rewards. But if you have turned into an infrequent traveler this past year, the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature has been an easy way to get the Ultimate Rewards redemption bonus on daily purchases. This perk is now extended into late 2021. Here are the Chase Sapphire benefit extensions to watch out for.
Chase Pay Yourself Back Extended
Chase Ultimate Rewards points are already some of the most valuable credit card points. Typically, they are most valuable when redeemed for award travel:
- Points are worth 25% more with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Points are worth 50% more with the Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Early in the pandemic, Chase introduced the Pay Yourself Back feature to give additional redemption options that qualify for the 25% or 50% redemption bonus as a purchase statement credit. Points are worth more when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature.
This redemption bonus is now extended through September 30, 2021.
Standard cash redemptions and statement credits don’t qualify for the redemption bonus. Each point is only worth 1 cent each.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Travel Credit
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders will automatically redeem their annual $300 travel credit for gas station and grocery store purchases through December 31, 2021. These purchases continue to earn Ultimate Rewards.
Chase Dining Benefits
The Chase Dining purchases qualify for the 25% or 50% Sapphire redemption bonus when paying with points. Like the Pay Yourself Back feature, this offer expires on September 30, 2021.
Peloton Benefit Bonus (Up to 10x Points and $120 Credit)
One final partner benefit enhancement is the Peloton benefit.
Starting March 30, 2021, Sapphire cardmembers can earn up to 10x bonus Ultimate Rewards on Peloton Bike, Tread, and accessory purchases above $1,800. This perk ends in March 2022.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Earn up to 10x points (up to 50,000 points total)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: Earn up to 5x points (up to 25,000 points total)
Additionally, Sapphire cardmembers can already earn a Peloton statement credit of either $120 (Reserve) or $60 (Preferred) through December 31, 2021.
Highest-Ever Sapphire Preferred Signup Bonus
As a reminder for aspiring Sapphire members, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering its highest-ever signup bonus.
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $1250 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. This is the highest bonus offer ever for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!
Sapphire Reserve Bonus
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® also has an enhanced signup bonus. New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmembers can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $900 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Related: Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
These exciting Chase Sapphire benefit extensions continue to add more value to either Chase Sapphire card. Make sure you redeem your Ultimate Rewards as a purchase statement credit instead of a standard cash reward to capture the redemption bonus. Peloton loyalists can enjoy the new earning bonus too.
- Guide to Chase Sapphire Application Rules
- Is It Worth it To Get a Travel Credit Card? 3 Factors to Consider
- Best Chase Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.