I just realized I’ve never made AutoSlash Travel Website of the Week. That’s obviously an oversight on my part since it’s definitely one of best place to find the cheapest rental cars. It’s simple to use, too: You input your pick-up and drop-off locations, dates, and times and then select your vehicle type. It will then ask you to indicate if you are a member of any of these organizations: AAA/CAA, AARP, Entertainment Book, USAA, or warehouse clubs like BJ’s or Costco. (Note: Don’t lie if you’re not a member since rental companies can ask for proof at the rental counter and if you’re not, your price will jump.)
The final step is inputting your name and email since that’s how they send you the quote. The site lays it out: “Why do we need your email address? In 30 minutes or less you’ll receive a quote via email with the best discounted rates we can find for your rental. Don’t worry, we’ll never sell, share, or use your email address for anything other than letting you know what deals we found.” Every time I’ve used it the email has arrived within 15 minutes with a link that goes to a page that lists all the car companies, places to book (usually Priceline) and prices.
What I love about AutoSlash is that they’re never done, as the system will continue to re-price your rental multiple times a day. If they find a better deal, they’ll automatically rebook you. And the best part: The site is free!
Good to know: Reservations booked through third-party sites like Priceline that they refer you to aren’t automatically tracked for lower-price alerts. So after you book your reservation, be sure you send them your new reservation details through autoslash.com/track so they can continue to monitor your new reservation and alert you if the price drops even more. You can even use this service if you already have a car rental booked through another source.
Have you used AutoSlash? What’s been your experience? Do you have a better site for renting cars?
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.