On September 28, the travel industry lost a dear friend, Emily Easter (1978-2013). Emily worked for Hawkins International Public Relations and I met her while on a Seabourn cruise in Turkey and she was a wonderful person, someone I was proud to call a friend. I am devastated by the loss of Emily – she was young, beautiful and vibrant. In honor of Emily, one of her best friends, Louise O’Brien has arranged for a special cocktail for the month of October at the Measure Lounge at Langham Place in New York City. The cocktail, ‘Cheers to Emily’ is made with 16 Blanco tequila, pink grapefruit liqueur, lemon and strawberry syrup.
$1 from the sale of this drink will be donated to The Pink Daisy Project. The Pink Daisy Project isn’t raising money for research or awareness. Their goals are simple: to help young women cope with the hardships of breast cancer treatment by providing care and comfort. For these women, it’s too late for a cure. They need help TODAY. This charity was near and dear to Emily’s heart during the last years of her life.
If you can’t make it to the Langham Place, please donate to The Pink Daisy Project in honor of my friend Emily.
Cheers to Emily!
Related: Emily Easter’s Blog
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.