If you love the holiday season, you will absolutely love a Christmas market river cruise. Marrying Christmas with travel is, for some, a match made in heaven and if you haven’t done a river cruise, the holidays are the perfect time to consider one!
And no one does Christmas quite like the Europeans. Their Christmas markets are big and many of the larger cities have multiple markets. They’re festive and filled with incredible crafts and handmade items from local artisans. And let’s not forget the food … Europe’s Christmas markets have incredible pastries and delicacies that are impossible to resist. They can also be quite cold but as long as you dress for the weather (think: long johns, hat, mitts, scarf and lined, waterproof boots), you’ll be just fine. Plus, the chill in the air only adds to the festive feeling and gives you the perfect excuse to indulge in the gluhwein, hot cider and hot cocoa you’ll find on offer.
Ready to book a Christmas market river cruise? Vantage Travel offers two extraordinary itineraries to consider. Here’s a closer look:
Heart of Germany
This nine-day itinerary takes guests on a river cruise along the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers from Koblenz to Wurzburg, Bamberg, Nuremberg and Regensburg and right into the heart of Germany, famed for its world famous weihnachtsmärkte (Christmas markets). Beginning in late November and continuing right through the holiday season, Germany comes alive and village squares across the country are transformed into magical markets that draw tourists and locals alike to experience the wonder of Christmas. Guests aboard Vantage Travel’s ship will get to peruse the wares at as many as six Christmas markets along the way, while also exploring four UNESCO World Heritage Sites and visiting small medieval towns like Bamberg and Heidelberg, where many holiday traditions we enjoy today were first started.
GOOD TO KNOW: If you’re traveling solo, you don’t have to worry about paying a single supplement fee. Vantage’s ships include cabins built specifically for solo travelers so you can enjoy the journey without the extra cost.
This European river cruise is spectacular any time of year but during the holiday season, it’s truly extra special! This nine-day itinerary will take guests on an unforgettable journey along the Danube. Starting in Budapest, guests will make their way to Bratislava, Vienna, Linz, Passau and end in Regensburg. Budapest is arguably one of Europe’s most beautiful capital cities and the Christmas market there at the foot of St. Stephen’s Basilica is one of the most exciting. While you’re there, don’t forget to try the delicious local pastry kürtös kalács, a chimney cake dusted with sugar that’s served hot! Other trip highlights include attending a classical music concert at Kursalon Music Hall in Vienna, exploring the quaint German town of Passau and visiting historic Salzburg. On this cruise, the holiday cheer continues onboard your ship as well! Guests are invited to attend apple strudel and gingerbread-making demonstrations and enjoy other festive entertainment.
Ready to plan your trip? Download Vantage Travel’s eTravel Guides for information on cruise deals and cruise planning that will help you choose the cruise that’s right for you!
WIN A RIVER CRUISE Ready to hop on a river cruise? You could win a free deluxe river cruise for you and a friend with a value of up to $10,000! You’ll enjoy the rivers, culture and cuisine of Europe on an unforgettable trip. Click here for full sweepstakes details, terms and conditions. Good luck!
This is a sponsored post but all opinions expressed within are my own.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.