Ever wish you knew the inside scoop before visiting a new destination? Now you can! We’ve reached out to our favorite locals and tour guides from all over the world for their insider tips. In the City Insider Q&A, they’ll let you in on the spots that should be on your must-see and do list!
Name: Ronald Poiré
Occupation: Tour guide
Pinterest: Montreal Food-Tours
Short bio: Often referred to as the “Food Guru,” Ronald Poiré has greatly contributed to development of culinary tourism in Montreal. Project manager for VDM since 1998, his versatility has led him to create countless specialized tours for both the tourism and corporate industries.
Ronald holds a professional guide diploma.
Best way to get to/from airport: Grab a cab or the 747 bus line.
Best way to get to/from train station: This really depends…..
Favorite 5-star hotel: The Gault Hotel
Favorite budget hotel: Best Western Ville Marie
5 places visitors must see:
- Old Montreal & Notre-Dame Basilica
- Jean-Talon Market
- A walk on St-Laurent Street, the Main
- The theatre district on St-Catherine Street, especially during festivals
Best local newspaper/recommended reading (for finding out what’s going on about town): The Tourism Montreal blog does great posts with lists of what to do every weekend
Favorite historical fact: That the exploration of a large part of North-America started through Montreal.
Favorite fine dining restaurant: Europea
Favorite casual restaurant: Restaurant Rouge Orange
Best place to get a coffee: Café St-Henri
Favorite museum: Pointe-à-Callière Museum of archaeology and history located in Old Montreal
Best sports venue(s): Burgundy Lion for soccer games!
Most popular local food: Restaurant Mâche on St-Denis
Best “locals-only” spot: Grumman 78
To live like a local, you must have this experience: Check out the tam-tams on Mont-Royal every Sunday afternoon of summer.
Local/native fruit or dish to try: Smoked meat and bagels are classics, but to try something truly Québécois, go for “paté chinois” at Mâche on St-Denis
Most popular local drink: Bloody Caesars with sriracha
Movies/TV shows filmed in your city: The last X-Men movie, Days of Future Past
Best souvenirs to buy/ goods to bring home: Maple syrup and some ice apple cider
Best smartphone app(s) for your city: Viator
Best travel tip: Montreal is one of the best walking cities in North America, so bring good shoes!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.