Ever wish you knew the inside scoop before visiting a new destination? Now you can! We’ve reached out to our favorite locals and tour guides from all over the world for their insider tips. In the City Insider Q&A, they’ll let you in on the spots that should be on your must-see and -do list!
Name: Seuret-Dubuis Christine & Anna Decoro
City: Lausanne, Switzerland
How the locals pronounce the name of the city: Lausanne (low-san).
Short bio: Guides for local guide association (algt.ch) since 2007.
Best way to get to/from airport: Train.
Best way to get to/from train station: Metro or bus.
Favorite 5-star hotel: Beau-Rivage Palace.
Favorite budget hotel: Ibis Centre or Jeunotel.
5 places visitors must see:
- Lausanne Old Town
- Lausanne lakeside Ouchy
- Lausanne Cathedral
- Flon area
- Sauvabelin forest
- Lavaux vineyard
Best local newspaper/recommended reading (for finding out what’s going on about town): 24 heures (in French).
Favorite fine dining restaurant: Le Chat Noir, La Brasserie du LP.
Favorite casual restaurant: La Pinte Besson, Le Vaudois.
Best place to get a coffee: Moutarlier à la place de la Palud.
Favorite bar/lounge: N2O.
Best music venue/place to see live music: Bleu Lézard.
Favorite museum: Olympic Museum and Collection Art Brut.
Best sports venue(s): Vidy.
Most popular local food: Perch fillet, papet vaudois.
Best “locals-only” spot: La Pomme de Pin, Brasserie de Montbenon.
To live like a local, you must have this experience: Have a hot wine at the Xmas market. Hot chocolate at the Café de l’Eveché. Climb up to the tower of the cathedral. Lister to the nightwatcher from the Esplanade of the Cathedral.
Local/native fruit or dish to try: Saucisse aux choux with papet vaudois.
Most popular local drink: Beer La Lausannoise.
Movies/TV shows filmed in your city: Mary Stuart, Queen of England (crowning in Cathedral Notre-Dame de Lausanne).
Best souvenirs to buy/goods to bring home: Swiss army knife credit card format. Swiss wine. Swiss chocolate.
Best place to volunteer: Festival de la Cité.
Biggest tourist trap/places to avoid and when: It is not the kind of town with places to avoid, everything is safe, authentic and local.
Best smartphone app(s) for your city: Lausanne.
Anything else to add? Experience one of our guided visits (algt.ch).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.