Ever wish you knew the inside scoop before visiting a new destination? Now you can! We’ve reached out to our favorite locals and tour guides from all over the world for their insider tips. In the City Insider Q&A, they’ll let you in on the spots that should be on your must-see and -do list!
Name: Seuret-Dubuis Christine & Anna Decoro
City: Lausanne, Switzerland
How the locals pronounce the name of the city: Lausanne (low-san).
Short bio: Guides for local guide association (algt.ch) since 2007.
Best way to get to/from airport: Train.
Best way to get to/from train station: Metro or bus.
Favorite 5-star hotel: Beau-Rivage Palace.
Favorite budget hotel: Ibis Centre or Jeunotel.
5 places visitors must see:
- Lausanne Old Town
- Lausanne lakeside Ouchy
- Lausanne Cathedral
- Flon area
- Sauvabelin forest
- Lavaux vineyard
Best local newspaper/recommended reading (for finding out what’s going on about town): 24 heures (in French).
Favorite fine dining restaurant: Le Chat Noir, La Brasserie du LP.
Favorite casual restaurant: La Pinte Besson, Le Vaudois.
Best place to get a coffee: Moutarlier à la place de la Palud.
Favorite bar/lounge: N2O.
Best music venue/place to see live music: Bleu Lézard.
Favorite museum: Olympic Museum and Collection Art Brut.
Best sports venue(s): Vidy.
Most popular local food: Perch fillet, papet vaudois.
Best “locals-only” spot: La Pomme de Pin, Brasserie de Montbenon.
To live like a local, you must have this experience: Have a hot wine at the Xmas market. Hot chocolate at the Café de l’Eveché. Climb up to the tower of the cathedral. Lister to the nightwatcher from the Esplanade of the Cathedral.
Local/native fruit or dish to try: Saucisse aux choux with papet vaudois.
Most popular local drink: Beer La Lausannoise.
Movies/TV shows filmed in your city: Mary Stuart, Queen of England (crowning in Cathedral Notre-Dame de Lausanne).
Best souvenirs to buy/goods to bring home: Swiss army knife credit card format. Swiss wine. Swiss chocolate.
Best place to volunteer: Festival de la Cité.
Biggest tourist trap/places to avoid and when: It is not the kind of town with places to avoid, everything is safe, authentic and local.
Best smartphone app(s) for your city: Lausanne.
Anything else to add? Experience one of our guided visits (algt.ch).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.