I have a confession to make. I am a power monger. Hungry for power, cell phone power, that is.
Not sure if it’s because I have a ‘vintage’ 3G iPhone with a lousy battery or I am simply a cell phone abuser, but my phone is almost always flashing the annoying ‘low battery’ alert.
When I discovered the FatCat Travel Charger, the lightweight portable battery charger, my incessant, manic search for the nearest outlet was finally solved.
As a travel writer, part of my reporting is live from my phone, on location, via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest postings. But so many times in the past, my phone would power down as I was filming a great moment or trying to send a witty tweet, leaving me powerless and ostracized on the social media front.
Being a smart phone junkie, I opted for the charger with the most juice: FatCat PowerBar 9600 ($119). It can fully recharge three iPhones or four iPads.
I was headed to Kenya and Tanzania and doubted I would have access to an outlet on safari in the bush and shuddered at the thought of not being able to tweet and Facebook pictures of lions, elephants and rhinos.
In went the FatCat travel charger into my electronics bag for its first test on the road as it arrived in the box with ample charge.
Weighing 10 ounces, I took it with me everywhere on my adventures in Africa, from the Serengeti to the slums in Nairobi, and it faithfully kept my smart phone battery in the green, never to miss another great social media moment again.
Yes, you still have to make sure the FatCat PowerBar is charged for it to work. It is not solar powered. But it’s simple to do. Plug the FatCat into your computer (the computer has to be on to charge it) or your cell phone charger the night before, as it usually takes a good 4 to 7 hours for it to be fully charged if it was completely depleted. And no matter the electronic device, the FatCat comes with several tips to change out depending on what you’re charging, from MP3s to electronic games. And it can charge a device as it’s getting charged itself (as shown in photo above).
Now I’m addicted to two things: my smart phone and my FatCat travel charger. I never leave home without my FatCat. I throw it in my purse and have used it in so many instances – at the movies, during a concert or a talk, grocery shopping and even at home when I want to go outside and bring my cell phone to play a little Words with Friends.
The FatCat Travel Charger is available in three sizes and five colors in the smaller 4200 model. Trust me, I’ve tested out other portable chargers, and FatCat IS the fat cat of them all. I highly recommend it for the travel professional, the businessperson on the go or for the everyday smart phone power mongers like myself.
It sounds strange, but the FatCat portable phone charger has relieved much anxiety and stress for me in my daily life, whether at home or traveling. Now I can say 24/7, “I’ve Got the Power!”
If only FatCat Gear could create a portable camera battery charger, then my power grabbing days would truly be over…
To learn more, visit www.fatcatgear.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.