One of the best parts about running a website and publishing travel content is developing relationships with readers and getting real-world tips from travelers like all of you. I always appreciate your feedback and stories about your experiences. Reader Martha wrote in yesterday with some feedback and tips of her own after reading this piece: The Ultimate Guide to Protecting Your CDC Vaccination Card. Here’s what she had to say:
I am in France right now and have a few additions to your tips about your Covid vaccine card:
- Agree, you definitely do need your Covid original card to get on the plane or to get into the country.
- We made a copy of our card and got it laminated at the local Kinkos (or equivalent). This has been accepted at every museum and restaurant without issue.
- Then lock your original Covid card in the hotel safe.
- Pro Tip: If you do copy and laminate your card, reduce the size ever-so-slightly to make it fit into your pocket better. Another reader also recommended this back in April: How This Reader Is Carrying His CDC Vaccination Card
- Another Pro Tip: Make a file in the photos of your phone, with your Covid card, driver’s license, passport, health insurance card (both sides) for quick reference if needed. This has helped me on so many occasions, both traveling and at home.
Johnny, I love your column every day. Thanks for all you do. Best wishes to your dad and to your entire family.
Thanks for the tips, Martha! For anyone who’s planning to travel soon, hopefully the tips above will come in handy, as well as these ones below:
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.