My last night in Singapore, I stayed at the nine-story, 320-room Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel. I heard this airport hotel was special and it is. Everything from the exterior, interior, and service to the location is done right. What’s also key is it’s just steps away from Terminal 3 and the free skytram that whisks you to the other terminals. It’s so close to the terminals that in the morning I checked in for my flight then went back to my room to relax.
The worst thing about this hotel is that the internet is ridiculously expensive at $29 a night. What’s crazy is if you walk 100 yards into the airport it’s free. At check-in I asked for a room overlooking the runway since I love plane spotting and that was almost a mistake; not because you can hear the planes land and takeoff through the window but because just a few yards away were four A380s, the world’s largest commercial planes. Not only that, but there were all kinds of airlines that get me excited like Qantas, Emirates, Shanghai… I slept well in the firm bed. The bathroom had both a separate tub and shower (rainfall shower head), and the room had a flat screen TV and three free bottles of water. The helpful concierge made the stay enjoyable. I didn’t even get to hit the pool on level 3. Next time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.