There’s still time to see the Dale Chihuly sculptures at the NYBG…
Now through October 29th, visitors to New York Botanical Garden can experience Dale Chihuly sculptures scattered amidst the 250-acre garden. The already spectacular landscaped property and historical buildings are now temporarily home to Dale’s glass artistry.
Dale Chihuly’s organic glass sculptures blend into the flora but add an imaginative pizazz to the New York Botanical Garden. Dale Chihuly started working as part of a team of glassblowers when a car accident left his left eye unusable. As a glassblower working with molten glass, he found it impossible to continue his artistry without the use of both eyes. (Having worn a patch over my right eye for several months, I understand completely; you lose your sense of perspective.) He took this tragedy and turned it into magic. His work is now showcased all over the world and it was a privilege to meet this creative genius so close to home and in the garden of his inspiration.
With organic themes as his muse, his glass flowers and plants are a joy to behold. I particularly liked the glass balls in the boat inspired by Japanese fishing floats and the time Dale spent in Iceland, where he saw children floating glass on the water.
If you go…
The New York Botanical Garden has partnered with Metro-North Railroad and the Grand Hyatt New York on a lodging and admission package to provide visitors with an easy and seamless way to see CHIHULY at NYBG. Directly connected to Grand Central Terminal, the Grand Hyatt New York provides easy access to the New York Botanical Garden via the MTA Metro-North Railroad. Guests can depart the hotel and arrive at the exhibit within 20 minutes. The package includes:
- A 10% discount on published room rates at Grand Hyatt New York, NYC’s only hotel attached to Grand Central Station (use the code NYBG at time of booking)
- Roundtrip tickets for two to the New York Botanical Garden on Metro-North Railroad’s direct service from Grand Central Terminal to the Botanical Garden Station
- Admission tickets for two to CHIHULY
- Shopping and dining discounts at NYBG
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.