I’m currently in Las Vegas, where for years people have thrown around the famous line, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” But is it true?
Our friends at Allianz Global Assistance (I have an insurance policy with them, which you can read about here) just published the results from a fun and arguably insightful survey of Americans who’ve traveled to Las Vegas. Essentially, these travelers were asked a simple question: Did what happened for them in Vegas stay in Vegas?
The answer, according to 55% of people polled, is that yes, their experiences did not travel home with them. Specifically, that group is hoping the following experiences stay in Vegas:
- 45% lost money gambling
- 36% have no memory of something that happened in Vegas
- 7% are hoping to keep quiet that they had a fling
- 7% became sick
- 3% sustained an injury
- And 2% were asked to leave their hotel/casino
Meanwhile, from the 45% whose Vegas experiences did not remain a secret back home:
- 69% reported the incident spread via word of mouth
- 25% blamed social media
- And 6% said the news media broke the story
What sorts of Vegas experiences make the news, I could not tell you. But perhaps most importantly of all, the survey found that “83.2% of people surveyed that have been to Las Vegas said they would go back to Las Vegas after ‘what happened.'” Viva Las Vegas!
Disclaimer: I work as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receive financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.