When you book travel, you want the cheapest prices, right? With DoNotPay, you can book flights and hotels knowing that if the price drops, you’ll be automatically rebooked at the new price. The difference is returned to your pocket.
It works like this: You sign up/in with your email and DoNotPay identifies your flight and hotel bookings. Once it’s logged your booking specifics, it proceeds to search for the same flights/hotel rooms on your dates for better prices—every five seconds for a total of ~17,000 times a day. When a lower price is found, in steps the signature robot lawyer (yes). The robot lawyer (essentially an algorithm built to locate certain terms) scans the terms and conditions associated with your initial booking to find a legal loophole it can use to: 1) cancel that booking for a full refund (to your original form of payment), and 2) rebook you at the new price. It’s a new service, so success stories are only starting to trickle in, but it’s supposedly incredibly simple to use.
Even better is the fact that DoNotPay is completely, 100% free to use. The hotel rebooking feature is similar to that of Service, which is also worth a look, but as I wrote here it’s not free (though the cost of the “as you go” option is just a commission). As far as I can tell (I haven’t tried it yet), there’s nothing to lose in trying it.
Note: If the concept of a robot lawyer rings any bells, that may because DoNotPay’s same robot lawyer (or maybe a similar one) gained some renown a while back for helping people get out of parking tickets. That service is still available, and still free. I wrote about that (years ago) here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.