When you book travel, you want the cheapest prices, right? With DoNotPay, you can book flights and hotels knowing that if the price drops, you’ll be automatically rebooked at the new price. The difference is returned to your pocket.
It works like this: You sign up/in with your email and DoNotPay identifies your flight and hotel bookings. Once it’s logged your booking specifics, it proceeds to search for the same flights/hotel rooms on your dates for better prices—every five seconds for a total of ~17,000 times a day. When a lower price is found, in steps the signature robot lawyer (yes). The robot lawyer (essentially an algorithm built to locate certain terms) scans the terms and conditions associated with your initial booking to find a legal loophole it can use to: 1) cancel that booking for a full refund (to your original form of payment), and 2) rebook you at the new price. It’s a new service, so success stories are only starting to trickle in, but it’s supposedly incredibly simple to use.
Even better is the fact that DoNotPay is completely, 100% free to use. The hotel rebooking feature is similar to that of Service, which is also worth a look, but as I wrote here it’s not free (though the cost of the “as you go” option is just a commission). As far as I can tell (I haven’t tried it yet), there’s nothing to lose in trying it.
Note: If the concept of a robot lawyer rings any bells, that may because DoNotPay’s same robot lawyer (or maybe a similar one) gained some renown a while back for helping people get out of parking tickets. That service is still available, and still free. I wrote about that (years ago) here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.