Last year I wrote about a new bus service between Los Angeles and San Francisco called SleepBus. Now, that name and concept are gone. The owners have rebranded the overnight sleeper service as Cabin and are marketing it as America’s first moving hotel.
If you’re not in a hurry and looking for a unique way to travel between LA and SF, Cabin is worth a look. Overnight trips with private sleeping cabins start at $115. All trips depart at 11pm and arrive by 7am PT the following morning. And supposedly “every Cabin vehicle is obsessively engineered for safety.”
All passengers have to do is arrive 10 minutes before departure at the centrally located pick-up spots, where they’ll be welcomed by hospitality-trained attendants and able to unwind in the lounge. Pick-up and drop-off for Los Angeles is at Palisades Park at Ocean Ave & Arizona Ave in Santa Monica. The San Francisco spot is the Bayside Lot, 1 Bryant Street.
More on the Cabin experience, which offers 24/7 attendants: They allow two pieces of luggage per person and offer nighttime tea, free Wi-Fi, and super soft sheets and fluffy pillows in your own private sleeping cabin. Also: privacy shades, blackout drapes, soundproof walls, personal outlets, reading lights, complimentary ear plugs, and water. Children under 10 years of age are not allowed.
It seems like a great option for those that don’t like to fly or want to save a night’s money on a hotel room.
What do you think? Would you take Cabin? Have you?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.