My wife says I’m a weather addict, and it’s true. I can watch the weather forecast over and over and not get tired of it. I find that I’m always learning (usually about the geography of where I am), but I also watch it because I like to be prepared.
So you can understand why I was excited to learn about a new weather app for iOS and Android called Drive Weather, which shows you the weather along an entire drive. The seven-day forecaster shows inclement weather conditions that could make driving unsafe along different routes to your destination and allows you to adjust your route and time of departure accordingly. Above all, Drive Weather hopes to get you and your loved ones from point A to point B more safely.
The app has a $9.99/year subscription fee but comes with a two-week free trial, so I just downloaded it. It’s easy to use. You just plug in your starting and ending points and select your route. Once you choose your route, the weather along it is displayed using data from the National Weather Service. The app displays icons depicting cloud cover, precipitation, fog, hail, smoke, haze, snow, thunderstorms, temperature, and wind. It can also show the radar over your route and the severity of these weather patterns, ranging from light to heavy. On the bottom of the screen, there’s a seven-day slider that can be used to find the ideal window of time to start your journey. The seven-day time machine scrolls to shows what kind of weather is coming so you can plan to delay your departure until the storm passes, or even schedule in layovers during the trip to wait out the storm.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.