Super Bowl LII—between the AFC’s New England Patriots and the NFC’s Philadelphia Eagles—kicks off in a few hours. The game is in Minneapolis, so Allianz Global Assistance wondered which fanbase is expected to travel to the host city in greater numbers. The answer? Eagles fans, it looks like!
A review of roundtrip flight bookings into Minneapolis arriving February 1-4 and returning February 5-6 revealed that 15% of travelers to Minneapolis are flying in (or have already flown in) from Philadelphia. Just 10%, meanwhile, are coming from Boston. Predictably, the two cities being represented in the game took the top two slots on the larger list of Minneapolis travelers, which is here:
As for how long Super Bowl LII attendees will stay, the flight data showed that 46% will stay for three nights, while 22% will stay for two or four nights. Another 6% will make it five, and 5% will head home after a single night.
“The Super Bowl is a major event for Americans, and with high turnout of travelers from Philadelphia and Boston, we anticipate the stadium to be full of fans from both teams,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Regardless of which team you’re rooting for, purchasing the right travel insurance policy can protect your trip from unforeseen or unexpected events.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.