Hopefully, you don’t need regular access to epinephrine injectors, or know anyone who does, but if you do, you might want to look into getting a Veta Smart Case for EpiPen and App, which just came out. The smartcase can help travelers and others keep track of their life-saving medication by providing real-time alerts and notifications including: separation alerts, auto-injector removal alerts, and temperature and expiry alerts. The app communicates with the case via Bluetooth, so a Wi-Fi connection isn’t even required.
It’s not cheap, with a pack of two running $119 on Aterica.com and $129 on Amazon.com (with free shipping for Prime members), but the cost might be a small price to pay given what the case can do: keep epinephrine injectors on a digital leash, and therefore relieve stress levels in anyone that has to travel with allergies.
If you do suffer from allergies, below are some tips from Aterica:
- Carry documentation: always have a list of what you’re allergic to and your medical information on your smartphone in case of emergency.
- Pack lots of “safe” snacks: you never know when travel delays might pop and leave you without options.
- Locate the closest medical facility near your destination that can treat allergic reactions if necessary.
- Download apps, like Allergy Eats, to help find restaurants that accommodate whatever allergies you might have.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.