Hopefully, you don’t need regular access to epinephrine injectors, or know anyone who does, but if you do, you might want to look into getting a Veta Smart Case for EpiPen and App, which just came out. The smartcase can help travelers and others keep track of their life-saving medication by providing real-time alerts and notifications including: separation alerts, auto-injector removal alerts, and temperature and expiry alerts. The app communicates with the case via Bluetooth, so a Wi-Fi connection isn’t even required.
It’s not cheap, with a pack of two running $119 on Aterica.com and $129 on Amazon.com (with free shipping for Prime members), but the cost might be a small price to pay given what the case can do: keep epinephrine injectors on a digital leash, and therefore relieve stress levels in anyone that has to travel with allergies.
If you do suffer from allergies, below are some tips from Aterica:
- Carry documentation: always have a list of what you’re allergic to and your medical information on your smartphone in case of emergency.
- Pack lots of “safe” snacks: you never know when travel delays might pop and leave you without options.
- Locate the closest medical facility near your destination that can treat allergic reactions if necessary.
- Download apps, like Allergy Eats, to help find restaurants that accommodate whatever allergies you might have.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.