It seems like every election Americans say that it’s the most important election of our lifetime, but this year I believe that to be true. No matter what your political leanings are, if you’re an eligible voter in the U.S. it’s important that you get to vote. Every eligible voter deserves to be heard from, and a clever, non-partisan campaign by Extended Stay America (ESA) called STAYcounted is positioned to help make that happen.
In short, every hotel in the ESA family—there are more than 550 in 41 states—is setting up as a virtual voter registration center. In short, that means that at every hotel:
- If you’re a resident of a state that requires mail-in registration, you’ll be provided a stamped envelope so that you can easily mail in your completed voter registration form
- Hotel associates will be serving as voter registration ambassadors and will be available to help you answer voting-related questions
- If you’re a resident of one of the many states that offers voter registration options online or via mobile device, you can start your online registration on the hotel’s website (or better yet on vote.gov)
An important note on voter registration deadlines
Keep in mind that voter registration deadlines vary by state. Click here to learn more. Also the 2020 United States presidential election is on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, but with many states allowing for mail-in votes the post office is expected to be severely slowed down—so don’t wait until the last minute. Send your ballot in the moment it arrives to be sure it gets counted.
FYI: Every state except North Dakota requires citizens to register if they want to become voters. Depending on your state, the registration deadline could be as much as a month before the election. Make sure to get started early!
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,775!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.