It seems like every election Americans say that it’s the most important election of our lifetime, but this year I believe that to be true. No matter what your political leanings are, if you’re an eligible voter in the U.S. it’s important that you get to vote. Every eligible voter deserves to be heard from, and a clever, non-partisan campaign by Extended Stay America (ESA) called STAYcounted is positioned to help make that happen.
In short, every hotel in the ESA family—there are more than 550 in 41 states—is setting up as a virtual voter registration center. In short, that means that at every hotel:
- If you’re a resident of a state that requires mail-in registration, you’ll be provided a stamped envelope so that you can easily mail in your completed voter registration form
- Hotel associates will be serving as voter registration ambassadors and will be available to help you answer voting-related questions
- If you’re a resident of one of the many states that offers voter registration options online or via mobile device, you can start your online registration on the hotel’s website (or better yet on vote.gov)
An important note on voter registration deadlines
Keep in mind that voter registration deadlines vary by state. Click here to learn more. Also the 2020 United States presidential election is on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, but with many states allowing for mail-in votes the post office is expected to be severely slowed down—so don’t wait until the last minute. Send your ballot in the moment it arrives to be sure it gets counted.
FYI: Every state except North Dakota requires citizens to register if they want to become voters. Depending on your state, the registration deadline could be as much as a month before the election. Make sure to get started early!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.