Yes, summer is coming, and as noted in this post yesterday, Americans appear to be traveling closer to home in 2019—more to Mexican and Caribbean destinations—than in past summers. Of course, people are still traveling to Europe, and as Allianz Global Assistance found in its latest study, among cities in Europe, London and Paris will welcome the most American travelers this summer travel season—in that order, for the fifth straight year. Reykjavik, meanwhile, remains in third place, with Dublin and Rome rounding out the top five.
From the Allianz data, here are the 20 European cities expected to draw the most Americans between May 24 and September 3 of this year, with each city’s last two rankings beside it:
“Summer is peak season for Americans to visit Europe, and while major cities like London and Paris remain popular, we see travelers going beyond the traditional in recent years, exploring lesser-known destinations like Manchester,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Delayed flights or missed connections, lost luggage and unexpected illness or injury can happen anywhere and anytime, even on a long-awaited holiday. The right travel protection policy can assist in protecting your investment and taking some of the stress out of travel hiccups.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.